Issy's 14th

Its been a while now, James and Alyssa are quite sturdy adults. Both with standard jobs, But both still in love, with 2 beautiful children.. Issy and Miles. Todays Issy's birthday. She's 14. May I say she is odd.

Hi. I'm Issy, I'm 14 and its my birthday, I live in a small town outside Cornwall, in the midst of a forest. I have a few friends, you see. I don't really like people, apart from a few that are all I can stand. They're annoying, and weak, and make things harder. I wish I could simply go through every year and just do what I'm supposed to. Get on with the next 80 odd years of my life, although I don't really plan on living until then. My parents told me about their past, If I'm honest it doesn't really phase me, they didn't do any wrong. My dad simply protected my mum. As for his initial intentions to kill her? He never brought himself to tell her that, but he told me. To be fair my father is quite peculiar in his ways, I'm sure he would think the same about me. I look up to my mother, she understands me, unlike most parents. I like setting things on fire. The simple concept that one small accident can cause a fatality fascinates me. As for feelings, I don't have many. My happiness plainly comes from watching the life be slowly drained out of things. Not humans, mainly just plants, Also when I'm with my family obviously. However there's one person, I'm not too sure how he makes me feel, All I know is that I genuinely smile around him, his names Flynn, we tend to spend most of our time sitting under the bridge after school, and throwing rocks at oncoming trains. Then the other majority of the time. I just feel nothing.

Anyways, Its my birthday. Just me, Flynn and our families gathered round the campfire in the woods, That's all I wanted, I don't like big gatherings, since I don't have many friends it wouldn't be awfully fun. I like Flynn's family, Actually I rephrase that. I like his mother and sister. His dad kind of creeps me out a touch. I get bored easily, I was just now waiting for this day to end so that I could go to the bridge with Flynn like he had promised. I ended up day dreaming for a few minutes, until I was harshly startled by Mike, Flynn's dad. "Come inside I have a surprise for you!" he said all jolly. I sort of grunted and went along with him. He kept smiling at me I felt. really. uncomfortable. He led me up the stairs to his and Lucy's room. I walked towards the window to look outside at everyone laughing and having a nice time. I jumped as I heard the door behind me slam. I stood in silence. Felt his cold wrinkled hands clasp my waist. Quickly I scanned around the window cull for something to defend myself. I find one of his pocket swords and grab it. I stand there for a second or two as he scrambles in desperation to undo my belt. I gulp. Flick open one of the knives, move my hand backwards in a vast motion and hear a groan. Followed by a loud thud. I slip the knife into my jacket and look down at my family. Smile then walk away. Out the back door, but not towards them. Into the deep woods... off I go.