2.2 Plans?

"Calum I'm scared." I say as we walk towards our Creative Writing lesson that Wednesday, Aurora had ran off to talk to Michael before class.

"Why?"

"I feel really sick and it's probably morning sickness." I whisper as we walk past a few cheerleaders, did we really need cheerleaders in college?

"Just tell sir and he'll let you go the toilet when you feel it coming." He says.

"No! I hate throwing up in public Calum! I might go back to the apartment and tell them I don't feel well." I say going to turn around but Calum grabbed my arms.

"No Zoe, if you don't go now I know for a fact you never will." He says pushing me forward.

"Don't see how that's a bad thing."

"Trust me Zoe, it is." He says opening the classes door and pushing me in.

"Calum, Zoe." Mr Holton smiles as we sit down.

"Hi Sir." Calum smiles.

"Sir." I begin.

"Yeah?"

"If a student got pregnant, like a female student, what would happen?" I ask, no-one else was in the room so I took the opportunity.

"There was a girl last year that it happened to and the school let her continue her subject at home till she was okay to come back for a couple of hours." He says. "Why?"

"I was just asking." I mutter looking at Calum who was staring at Mr Holton.

"Zoe, see me at the end." He says, Calum looks at me as I slowly nod.

"Zoe." He hisses looking at me.

"Relax, it'll be okay." I tell him, although I was uncertain.

***

"So Zoe, why did you ask?" Mr Holton asks me as he sits on the chair in front of me.

"I just wanted to know."

"Zoe, I hate to be forward, but are you pregnant?" He asks, I look at him and stare for a second.

"You are." He says leaning back. "You're my best student Zoe."

"So?"

"So why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you get pregnant."

"Condoms aren't 100% effective sir." I say looking down.

"Have you thought about the long run? You're 18 years old, you don't have a job, you are in college."

"I know all that sir."

"How are you going to survive?" He asks, I look at him and shake my head picking up my coat.

"If I wanted a lecture I would have asked for one." I say walking to the door.

"Hate to break it to you Zoe but you're in a lecture hall." He shouts as I near the door.

"Stop trying to act smart!" I shout opening the door, Calum leaned against the wall but quickly pulled away when he saw me.

"What did he want?" Calum asks.

"He knows I'm pregnant." 

"Does he know that I'm the dad?"

"No Calum, you can relax." I say shaking my head and walking towards the apartment.

"I didn't mean it that way Zoe, what else did he say?"

"He gave me a life lesson about the fact that I don't have money or a job."

"Zoe, I think we need to plan now."

"Plan what Calum?" I snap just as rain started to fall.

"Plan our future, this baby's future!"

"Calum ssh." I say as people walked past in their own worlds.

"Zoe, it's gotten to the point now where we NEED to talk about it."

"Fine Calum." I say walking away.

"Are you going to stay in college?" Calum asks as we walk back quickly to get out of the rain.

"Yes."

"When are you telling your parents?"

"At the 12 week mark."

"What about us?" He asks, I stop and look at him.

"Sorry, what?"

"I said, what about us?"

"What do you mean what about us? There is no us, do you want there to be an us?"

"I don't know."

"Then why did you bring it up?" I ask.

"Listen Zoe, it's obvious you like Luke okay? Everyone can see it and I'm sorry that this happened."

"You're sorry that you got me pregnant?" I ask taking a step back from him.

"Fuck." He mutters.

"Go fuck yourself Calum." I say storming away from him.

"You okay?" Luke asks as I storm into the apartment block, I look at him and shrug my shoulders.

"Fuck it." I say running towards him and kissing him.