~5~

~July 21st, 2013~

"Iwa!" You shout while waving to the tall guy.

"Hey (f/n), how goes it?" He walks towards you.

"All is good so far, I started classes a few weeks ago at Ku-" you were cut off.

"(f/N)!" Oikawa jogged toward you and Iwaizumi. "How are you, little star?~"

"Oh! Um, good!" You hadn't heard that nickname in awhile. You kind of forgot about it, so it caught you off guard. "anyways-, what are you guys doing? Do you have volleyball practice today?"

The 3 of you were standing on the street outside of Aoba Josai on a Sunday. You figured you could go for a walk because the boys didn't have practice today, it is the Sunday before exams after all.

"We finished up awhile ago. But this dork wanted to keep setting." Iwaizumi says while pointing to Oikawa.

"Quit being so mean Iwa!" Oikawa spits at him. "Hey (f/n), what school are you going to anyway?"

"Karasuno actually!"

"w-WHAT?!" Oikawa flinches back and puts his arms up. At the same time Iwaizumi is taken aback. "Why that school?! Why didn't you come here!"

You crossed your arms, "whats the big deal? It was out of range from my house and putting in a transfer request was too much of a hassle."

"Well, you saw our game against those wingless-crows... they suck." Oikawa notes in a cocky voice. "If you really wanted to watch good volleyball, you picked the wrong school."

"ease up your attitude 'Kawa. I still don't see what the big deal is." You begin to glare at him.

"He doesn't like the setter on the team, so he's being a baby," Iwaizumi teases.

"I AM NOT." Oikawa wines.

"Kageyama? What's your problem with him?" You ask bluntly.

"Oikawa is just mad that most of his skill comes from instinct, rather than pure hard work." Iwaizumi explains. "I don't know why you're so confused though, you knew Oikawa didn't like Kageyama from the moment he met him. Don't you remember?"

"Remember? Remember what?" Your face stiffens as you try to think of what he could be talking about.

"when we were kids, we played at the-" Iwaizumi starts, crossing his arm and raising his eyebrow at you.

"Ugh, Im done talking about Crappy-yama. Im hungry Iwa~" Oikawa cuts him off.

Iwaizumi punched him on the top of the head. "Dont. Cut me off."

"pfft." You spit out a laugh. "go get food, grumpy-Kawa." You waved and turned away to continue your walk.

'Remember... played at... played... at....' You had your hand on your chin as you continued to walk. "UGH! I don't know!" You yelled out, throwing your arms up.

~July 24th, 2013~

Wednesday. Today is the day... Exam results.

You're standing in the hall outside of Kageyama's class, squirming around in excitement.

You peek in, 'there he is!- uh oh.'

His head is face down on the desk, despair. You walk into the class when the bell rings, but Kageyama doesn't move.

"that bad, huh?" You speak softly to him. He moves his head and rests his chin on the desk. "how... many...?"

"one." He croaks out.