~7~

~July 30th, 2013~

"You can't be serious! They fought?!" You yelled at the short blonde girl as you stood on the side of the court for afternoon practice.

"y-yeah... Hinata jumped on Kageyama like 'wham!' And Kageyama threw him on the ground like 'bam!' It was really scary..."

"do you have any idea what it was about?" You ask her.

"Something about Hinata wanting to get better, but Kageyama called him selfish..." her voice gets quiet at the end of her sentence.

"So... they haven't spoken since yesterday?" you held your hand on your chin. "now that you mention it, Kageyama did seem like he was in a worse than usual mood when we walked to school this morning..."

"yeah..." Yachi looked down at her feet. "I'm kind of nervous for them... I thought they were becoming pretty good friends. That's what Hinata said at least."

"hey, don't look so down!" You flashed a smile and gave a thumbs up. "I'm sure they'll get through it, sometimes this is the easiest way for guys like that to communicate!"

You looked over at the boys. 'they really aren't talking...' not only that, they were put on completely different practice teams.

"Ukai?" You stand beside the tall coach.

"whats up shorty?"

"I think... Hinata needs to start opening his eyes." You state, bluntly. "To make them both better, they need to advance in their technique."

Ukai puts is hand on his chin,"Hmm, I know. Spring nationals are coming up, we can't get comfortable. But I can't seem to get through to..." His eyes light up and look at you. "Wait!"

"u-uh what?" You stare at him, puzzled.

"You." He clenches a fist. "Convince Kageyama!"

"Me?!"

"We need him to change his attitude!" He put his palms together in a prayer. "C'mon shorty."

"heh heh," you let out a breathy laugh and scratch the back of your head. "I can't promise anything but I'll give it a try."

...

You and Kageyama were on the way home from practice. It was like any other day, except there seemed to be a little more tension.

After the walk was almost over, you spoke. "Kageyama?" You face was soft with a hint of worry. He didn't turn to you and continued forward.

"Wait a second, please."

He didn't stop. You approached your building and he turned to walk down the street. "See ya, (l/n)."

"I-uh... Bye..." you stood in your place watching the grumpy boy walk away from you. 'so STUBBORN.'

You huffed up to your apartment and slammed the door. Just as you did...

*BOOM*

'you've got to be kidding me. Of course its another storm.'

You shivered and went to change into more comfortable clothes. After you did, you grabbed a blanket and wrapped yourself, sat on the floor, and turned the tv on.

...

*BOOM!!!!*

The storm raged on, it was worse than the last one. Your tv was loud, but it didn't cover the sound.

You covered your ears with the blanket and tried to block out as much of the sound as possible.

*knock knock knock*

You twitched slightly, lifting your head from the blanket.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

The sound coming from the door made you flinch. "Y-yeah?" You shouted.

The door swung open and yet again, a soaking Kageyama stood in your front entrance. Panting with his hands on his knees.

"Kageyama?!" You shouted at him with a shocked expression.

"ah... ah... the... ahh... storm." His breath hitched when he spoke. "there's a...ah... storm."

Your eyes started to well up with tears, but you didn't let them fall because you weren't alone anymore. You stood up and and approached him still in your blanket. "What are you doing here."

He caught his breath and stood up straight. "I-uh... know you don't like... storms." He stuttered as he looked away from your gaze. A small blush on his cheeks made you calm down.

You smiled softly at him. "I'll get you a new sweater." You went and grabbed the same sweater for him to wear and handed it to him. He took it and went to change in the bathroom, it kind of made you upset you didn't get to see what you saw last time.

You sat on the sofa and waited for him to come out, still wrapped in your blanket. When he came out, you restarted the movie because you were only about 10 minutes into it.

He sat next to you and watched, it was silent. You were comfortable, a little flattered that he would even think to do something like this.

...

"(l/n)..." Kageyama said softly. His tone caught you off guard and you turned to him. He continued looking forward at the screen. "I... I am scared... of something."

"What?" You looked at him puzzled.

"You asked me before," he turned to you with a calm expression on his face, with a hint of nervousness. "If I was scared of anything. I am."

"oh?"

"I'm scared... of being alone." He spoke the final words quickly, and embarrassment rushed into his expression.

"so that's..." you started.

"At Kitagawa First, my teammates left me alone. I stood on the court by myself." He spoke softly and turned back to the TV.

You held your gaze on him.

"They called me a dictator, a king. I hate that name..." His voice hitched, you could tell it affected him greatly.

"Kageyama..." you spoke in a reassuring voice. "Are you... scared of losing this team too?"

He looked over at you, his face sad. "I... guess... and with Hinata..."

"Listen," your voice was soft but also stern. "Hinata isn't the type to give up just like that. Your fight... It wasn't because he was trying to leave you. Its because he wants to become better. He wants to fight in the air on his own."

You softly smiled at him. "He still wants to play, with you Kageyama." He widened his eyes at the statement. "He controls the ball from the set. Its his job, just as yours is to get the ball to him. Give him a chance to do it, because he knows you're good enough."

The black haired boy bit his lip and looked into his lap. "y-yeah..."

You moved over towards him and rested your head on his shoulder. You could feel him slightly tense up because of your action, but he relaxed after a second. "you're not alone. You have your team, Hinata..." you blushed slightly. "Me."

Your heart was pounding, you were confused why it was. You meant the statement from one friend to another, but the way it sounded, it was different.

You didn't look at Kageyama, you just continued to rest your head on his shoulder as you both watched the tv.

...

You finished the movie and the storm had stopped. Once again you walked Kageyama to the door.

"Kageyama?" You say softly.

"hm?"

"I'm... Excited to see what you do now. After all..." you smirk at him.

He knows what you're getting at, and before you can continue your sentence, he returns the smirk. "It's not over yet."

He leaves and you shut the door. 'It sounds good when he says it.' You admit to yourself.

(a/n: Oooo am I sensing feelings??)