𝐄pigraph

❖━━━━━━⋇  she's not perfect,

        she is madness. 

She wasn't always made of fire.

Born into shadows of shame that cloaked her from the prying world's menacing beauty, she was one of two curses, shrouded in secrecy and bathed in the consequence of power. Her existence was as dishonorable as the silent march of poison through a living system, but it was only so long before she craved the impossible golden silk of sunlight more than anything, even on a planet where it never ceased to rain. 

Possessing the rare gift of a youthful soul, laced with purity and preserved by the hope of a brighter life only light minutes away, she remained unsaturated by despair, warming the icy skin of others with the spark inside of her though they gave nothing in return. She lit up the world with the radiant energy within her core, yet she never burned. 

Though her power was that of a sun, fated to expand so brightly it would consume the darkness and the light as one, for the longest of times it seemed certain to never be released. But when war began to scorch her pearly bones and intoxicate her iridescent veins it could only take so much from one who is destined to shift the stars. 

Each loss molded her into a creature of ash and choking smoke, yet ashes are not the end of all life but the beginning. The universe was once only emptiness save for cooling particles of ash and silence until light became a rusting red and raw energy clustered ever closer, unable to resist their marvelous fate any longer as they expanded into suns, then planets, then galaxies. The subtle origins and turbulent elements of creation itself fused together in hungry passion, fizzling out as quickly and brightly as they had come only to give birth to the new in a never ending cycle which has come so eminently to pass. 

And so, just as with the genesis of all things, her broken pieces found their place revolving around the spark in her heart until they became untouchable, flickering with such painful glory in the form of ravenous, captivating flames. Stardust crept into her eyes, moondust glowed within her skin, and embers burned within her soul: what had been a girl who never learned what she was meant to be at once became a galaxy.

She loved it while it lasted.

❖━━━━━━⋇ and madness is a beautiful irony

where perfection and flaws

are the best of friends. 

 JONATHAN MUNCY STORM