The Invitation

Draco saw the three of them just freeze there and he stopped too, observing them a little and giving a little shake of his head in their direction after taking a bit longer to unlock his eyes from the green ones across the room.

He starts to walk in the direction of the dormitories and Harry exhales the breath he didn't even knew he was holding.

"Wait! Malfoy!" Harry's eyes bulge as he notices Hermione looking at him with a devious smile and he feels his face grow hot. The blond apparently heard because he walked back a little.

"You called, Granger?" he seemed intrigued while looking at Hermione.

"There will be a party in the common room tomorrow, why don't you show up?" Seeing Malfoy's confused look, she goes on. "It's because ... You rarely come to the parties," she says.

In that interim, Harry just wanted to disappear of embarrassment.

"Is this about houses unity, Granger? Or my presence being very much requested?" he questioned with a smile.

"No. Well— Yes!" Harry decided to watch the snow falling outside the window and pretend it wasn't happening. Which only made him think how upset he was with the situation because he kept sweating even when it was snowing outside.

"I just think it would be nice if you showed up. Bring Pansy too!" completed his friend, turning a little red at the end.

Pansy?

Harry never even saw his friend talk to the girl.

Ron looked at Harry with humor in his eyes, with the same sparkle in them as when the weasley twins were up to something.

"Yeah. Malfoy!" the ginger encouraged.

FML

"Er ... okay." Malfoy seemed a little puzzled by the situation, but he only showed it for a second. "If I have nothing to do." He said turning away quickly and climbing the stairs to the dorm.

Of course he would be suspicious, when would the trio talk to him so spontaneously?

As soon as he was out of sight, Harry putted his hands on his face and plopped down on the sofa, completely embarrassed.

"Hermione! For Merlin's sake!" he exclaimed with his voice muffled by his hands.

"What is it? I'm just creating opportunities!" She smirked and retreated to her dorm before Harry had a chance to protest.

"You okay, Harry? You know how Mione is like, she doesn't waste time getting in the way." Ron sits next to Harry, who is still holding his head in his hands.

"I just need to think. And look, honestly Ron, why do you think Malfoy would ever look at me that way?"

"Honestly?" Ronny looks at Harry, who nods. "He already does, Harry."

That night Harry rolled over in bed waiting for sleep to arrive, wondering what Malfoy was thinking of his friends' behavior and repressing his groans of embarrassment when he remembered the Slytherin's confused looks.

He just hoped his friends wouldn't throw him at Draco at the party.

Draco? When did he become Draco, and not Malfoy ?!

Harry knew he had deeper feelings for Malfoy for a while, but was he ready to follow them? It was hard to believe that his feelings could be reciprocal. But there was only one way to find out.

 In the dead of night, listening to Ronny's low snores Harry decided. He would speak to Draco tomorrow at the party.

——————