Chapter 4

'run boy run, this world is not meant for you'

▹▹▹

She felt the blood in her veins pumping around her body in vicious waves, her heart pounding darkly in her chest; she wouldn't - she wouldn't let them take her memories again.

"Cassie - Cassandra - Wait!" Her legs wobbled anxiously as she sprinted over the chipped cobblestone path, Harrys shouts ringing in her ears. She had no idea where she was, this dark backstreet was deadly quiet, and whilst she could hear the loud chatter and car horns honking a few streets over, she didn't know how to get there.

And then everything happened so fast, her legs grew stiff beside her, and she felt her body fall forward involuntarily. A piercing screech escaped her lips, as her body landed painfully on the floor, her skin scratching against the old cobblestone.

"For Christ's sake." She heard an anxious voice mutter before a pair of battered converse rushed over into her eyesight.

"Cass - Cassie, you okay?" Her eyelids lifted heavily, brown eyes landing on the lanky figure of Harry Potter. She had tears streaming down her face, and her skin was cut along one of her cheeks where it had scraped across the pathway, "Professor Moody - let her go!" Harry exclaimed, kneeling before Cassandra.

Grumbling something under his breath, the strange man released her from whatever spell he had put her under. Cassandra sat up quickly, backing away from Harry, "Please - please don't get rid of my memory again - please, I won't tell anybody - I'll pretend I haven't seen anything I promise!"

"Calm down - Cassie calm down!" Harry said, he rested his hands on her shoulder, only for her to flinch away from his grip.

Tears streamed down her face mixed with the blood sprayed across her right cheek, her dark eyes darted around anxiously, "Please, please -" She said, her breath laboured.

A rough hand grasped onto her shoulder, and her whole body jerked involuntarily as she was trusted up onto her feet, "Don't do that again." They grumbled, Harry quickly jumped to his feet.

"Hey - don't hurt her!" Harry said a frown etched onto his face.

"Don't you worry Potter," Her said, dragging Cassandra along with him back against the steps she had just run, "I'm not going to hurt your little girlfriend."

Cassandra turned her head away from Harry, just missing the red that tinted against his cheeks.

▹▹▹

Eyes glanced around the table awkwardly, it was just after tea-time in this dingy house, everybody was waiting for the first person to talk. Cassandra had made quite a scene as she was dragged back into the ancient house, she had thrashed her body so hard the strange-looking man that had dragged her in had a large ice-pack pressed against his scarred face.

Cassandra had an identical one placed against hers, after not allowing the ginger-haired woman near her, despite how insistent she was in 'fixing' the scratches on her face with the strange stick she held in her hand so proudly.

Instead, she sat at the end of the table, her chocolate eyes glaring hatefully into the man's who sat on the other side of the long table. He stared back, his fake eye fixed on the small girl, ignoring the others who glanced at each other worriedly.