CHAPTER SEVEN

TW: Threats

"...I can tell how they feel."

Beatrix woke up in a room that seemed familiar. As she tried to get up she noticed lanky arms wrapped around her waist under the blanket. Then, she realized what had happened.

She had slept with Nixon.

She unwrapped his arms and attempted to stand up but she heard a little mumble say, "Just stay here." He tried to grab her again, but since he was half-asleep, he gave up immediately.

She got up and searched for her clothes. As she looked, Beatrix saw her underwear next to her bra that was ripped. She sighed, "Great."

Nixon stretched and rubbed his eyes. "What?" he asked in a husky voice.

"My bra is ripped. I wonder who did that," she bantered, grabbing her shirt and throwing it on. Nixon grinned at the memory of earlier.

She grabbed everything else and slipped it on. "What time is it?" she asked. Nixon looked at the nightstand beside the bed, where he had laid his silver watch.

"3:03 pm, which means we can sleep a little longer," he said.

"How long did we sleep?" she asked.

"Hm... About three or four hours I'd say," he responded.

She began to worry, "Um, did we use protection?"

"Of course," he said with a slight grin.

Beatrix started to pace around a little.

"What's wrong?" Nixon asked, furrowing his eyebrows and then sitting up.

A pit of guilt sat in her stomach, "I've literally only known you for one day, actually half a day." Beatrix boomed. She couldn't stop thinking of Lance now. She paced around the room and started to pick at her lip out of nervousness.

"Yeah, that is a little weird. But it feels like I've known you for years. I don't know why, but this feels natural... like it was meant to happen," Nixon beamed. Beatrix just gave him a glance and continued to pace.

"What about La-" She started but was soon interrupted by a maid.

She stopped pacing and listened to the maid, "Sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Grover wants to speak to you," she told Nixon before looking at Beatrix, "Ma'am, I can take you to the dining room where the others are." Beatrix nodded and soon followed the maid, not looking back at Nixon. The maid led her to the dining room where some of the group sat. Lana, Kai, Klaus, Ophelia, and Clover. She took a seat around them very slowly as they just stared at her.

"Your hair seems very wild," Ophelia stated. Beatrix quickly brushed her hair with her fingers, trying to get some decency to her look.

"Hey guys," she said awkwardly with a wave. Luckily, they all gave her a smile, even Klaus.

"Seems you got up to something in Nixon's room," Kai told her with a smirk. Beatrix looked over to the table guiltily.

"Why do you have to be gross?" Klaus scoffed at him.

"It's a natural part of life," Kai said as he looked back at him.

"Anyways," Lana started and whispered, "I asked Vincent about the whole plan thing, well about someone leaving, and he said tomorrow that he would send people one at a time with their own phones to this hill down the road."

"So do you actually think it'll work?" Beatrix asked, looking up to her.

"It has to," Kai answered, "Also, I noticed that new 'bruise' on your neck. Where'd it come from?" he asked. Beatrix became red and tried to cover it up with her hand, but Kai just chuckled at her.