Chapter 9

Caroline rolled her eyes and bounced down the stairs. Everyone but she and Klaus had left that morning—Elijah and Katherine had gone to see that Davina chick, and Rebekah had been saddled with escorting Hayley to a doctor's appointment—so it had just been the two of them in the house all morning. Surprisingly, it wasn't awkward at all. They had worked on mapping out some locations to go searching for wolf packs to turn into hybrids, and after a few arguments and a couple smashed lamps, Caroline had managed to get him to agree to only turn willing werewolves. She had tried to get him to unsire any that he would make, but that just turned into a big debate about betrayal and they agreed to disagree on the sirebond topic. The only reason she had even left Klaus and their plans was because the doorbell was ringing incessantly, and he was in the middle of making the final decisions on where to go look.

"You know, ringing the doorbell once would have been sufficient." Caroline said as she wrenched open the door. When she saw the blonde from last night, she was shocked. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Oh look, it's the cheerleader. I have an appointment." The older woman said, brushing past her.

"I am more than just a cheerleader, thank you very much!" Caroline stomped up the stairs as the intruder continued through the house to Klaus's study. Clearly she had been here before. "Klaus, what is the pessimistic, love-hating bitch doing here?" She trailed in after Cami, who she now noticed was carrying a very large bag.

"Ah, Cami. You're here. Let's get on with it, shall we?" Klaus set what he was working with down, looking amusedly at Caroline, who was standing just in the room, her hands in a 'what the hell is going on' gesture. "Love, Cami is undertaking the monumental task of writing down my biographies. We're in the...oh, 1300's, I believe. You are more than welcome to listen in, if that would please you."

Caroline looked from Klaus's hopeful face to Cami's displeased one, and made her decision. "I would love to." She smiled before shooting a glare to Cami when Klaus's back was turned. The younger blonde sat in one of the chairs while Cami sat on the opposite one, her typewriter sitting on the coffee table.

"Well then, let's get started!" Klaus smiled. "In 1345, Rebekah, Elijah, Kol, and I were in Persia..."

🌸🌸🌸

"So how far is it to this Davina chick's place?" Katherine asked as she and Elijah rode to said witch's location. "Because I'm getting bored."

"You will be pleased then, to know that your ride is over." Elijah said as they pulled up in the parking lot of the abandoned church.

"Quite pleased, yes." Katherine got out of the car before he could walk over and open her door, crossing her arms petulantly. "Well? Let's go meet this little witch!" She gestured towards the doors with one hand.

"You, Katerina," Elijah held open the door as they walked in the building, "are a piece of work."

"I know." She smirked. "Now, where do we go from here?"

"If you would be patient and follow me, then I could show you." Elijah gave her one of those looks that made Katherine want to both smack and kiss him. Infuriating man. At least he took the lead, and led her through the back of the building and up some stairs.

"I don't take orders very well."

"As I am more than well aware." Elijah knocked on a door at the end of a hallway. "Davina? It's Elijah Mikaelson. Can you open the door?"