Prologue

Hello, Ahgases! I hope all of you are doing well and are safe and healthy! I wanted to make this book/journal/diary of sorts, to write about my thoughts and feelings about GOT7. More importantly, I wanted to reconnect with the boys and my ultimate bias, JB.

I had been feeling this disconnection for quite a while now, and I want to find my love for them again. I want to be reminded of why I became their fan and stayed, to begin with.

So, I suppose should share my discovery of them and my unfortunate drift off. It all started in the summer of 2014, I had only been a K-pop fan for a few months, as I first found about NU'EST on November 13, 2013. I had also gotten into K-dramas around spring in April if I'm not mistaken, and one of them was Dream High months later followed by Dream High 2 that summer.

Now, I will say that I had gotten into 2PM and Miss A because of Dream High, due to Taecyeon, Wooyoung, and Suzy whereas I think I got into T-ARA because of Jiyeon and Dream High 2, though I'm not too sure, my mind is fuzzy from back then as I tend to get into groups pretty quick.

But, anyway, for a while, I was into JYP because of 2PM and Miss A but didn't know about JJ Project nor GOT7 at the time.

Now, moving on, from Dream High to Dream High 2, I had no idea what to expect. I most certainly didn't expect myself to find more groups. Anyway, I watched it, and from the first episode, I loved JB! But, what made me fall for him even more than I thought was possible was his cover of SEV7N's When I Can't Sing!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his and Park Seo Joon's edition of Dreaming from DH but with When I Can't Sing, I was truly hearing his voice and the immense volume it carried for the first time and I just melted and maybe cried.

I still watch DH2 in full to this day, no matter how much it lacked in comparison to DH to others, I find enjoyment in it!

Moving on, after finishing up with the drama, I found out about the duo JJ Project and that of course, JB and Jinyoung (Jr) were in it. So, I listened to/watched Bounce, and was surprised to see the dynamic the two had together, as well as the kind of song that Bounce was, as I had yet to hear something like that.

So, I spent the next few days or so getting to know them, like listening to their 1st album, which I loved, and watched some old videos such as MTV Diary, when they were just cute and adorable! Leading me finally to GOT7 on June 15th, 2014. Now, I can only thank my younger self for putting down this date otherwise, I would have felt terrible as GOT7 is my ultimate group.

On that fateful day, I had seen a comment about JB and Jinyoung (Jr) on YouTube under Bounce and how they were in a new group called GOT7! And that same day, I decided to watch their debut MV for Girls Girls Girls! I was absolutely amazed by the transition JJP had made and I couldn't have been prouder! Though I did end up loving the five boys that came along with them!

One thing I never told anyone was that along with JB, I almost made Mark my bias! But, my heart could only hold JB the closest!

And since that day, I was just passionate about GOT7, learning as much as I could, mostly through their profiles. As I was getting to know them more through GGG era with Real GOT7, etc, and A era, which was being shown through teasers the day after I listened to GGG, I was in awe of how cute they could be as this had a different vibe than GGG. But either way, I declared myself a fan at first listen, first look, and haven't looked back since then.

Now, I can pinpoint the drift off, as usually whenever the boys had released a new album, I would listen to all of it, but by the time that Just Right had come out, I didn't do it. I'm not exactly sure why, there is no reason why of course, but I do know that this is when I began a regular pattern for any group. This is when I would only listen to the title track and maybe a few sides, watch a comeback stage or two, check up on them periodically on Twitter, then I would clock out from group to group doing the same over and over again.

I never spared myself time to enjoy the music, shows, activities, or anything about the past eras like I should have. I let myself miss out on countless moments and I have realized how my teens became so divided that I truly didn't notice back then.

Years later, from 13 to 20, I have vowed to myself that I want to be different. I want to change. I want to fall in love with GOT7 all over again and stay.

These seven men mean so much to me as they were the ones who sparked a passion for writing that I didn't know that I had until I wrote cringey fanfiction but still I have that passion and I always strive to be better and I properly haven't thanked them for that. So, I'll say it here.

Thank you, GOT7 for everything.

I'm 20 years old and as I go on into this new year and those to come, I want to spend my 20s with the seven of them.

I hope anyone who reads this knows that it's ok if you lose touch with what you love, just always remember why you loved it and let that thought comfort you.