Chapter 8: Bad News Just Keeps Coming

Natalie

"McCall, if you side eye from the rearview mirror one more time, I will wet willie you," I say, crossing my arms in the backseat of the Jeep. Stiles smirks and taps on the wheel.

"I don't know, just admiring your outfit," Scott says, turning in his seat to look at me. "Was it just so good, you wore it two days in a row?" He laughs as I threateningly stick a finger in my mouth. I lean my head between the seats and sigh.

"Stiles, tell your dad to hurry the hell up. How long does it take to handcuff a werewolf?" The three of use are parked down the road from the Hale house. Two cop cars are parked outside, a couple deputies standing around as they wait for Derek to come out.

"I don't know Natalie," Stiles turns to me, hands outstretched to the scene unfolding in front of us. "Maybe if you didn't use your Christian Bale impression for the tip off call they may have come quicker?"

"I think I am pretty good," I say in a low growling voice.

"Was that it? Are you kidding?" Scott says. I attempt to stick my finger in his ear in retaliation.

"Guys, guys! It's happening!" We watch as Mr. Stilinski guides a handcuffed Derek off the porch of the Hale house. I watch Scott lean forward, obviously relieved.

"Awh, I was kind of starting to like him behind around. Literally all the time. Like in the shadows," I say in as serious voice as I can pull off. Derek is shoved into the back of a cop car, and Sheriff Stilinski turns to the other deputies to chat.

"I'm going in," Stiles says, jumping out of the car and running to the house.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Scott says, ducking down to avoid detection. It's a blue jeep in the middle of the woods. We're the opposite of invisible.

....................................................................................................................

Stiles

I run low to the ground and yank open the passenger door of the cop car. Derek looks as unamused as ever.

"I have to ask you something," I start as quickly as possible, "Just so you know, I am not afraid of you."

His sullen expression doesn't change as he cocks his head at me.

"Okay maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just want to know. That girl you killed? She was a werewolf. She was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean, she could turn into an actual wolf. Is that why you killed her?" His eyes bore into mine.

"Why are you so worries about me, when your friend Scott is the problem? When he shifts on the field, what do you think they are going to do, huh?" he asks. "Just cheer him on? I can't stop him from playing now but you can. Trust me, you'll want to." My heart is racing as he's leaning closer and closer to me.

My dad has me by the neck with his hand, dragging me out of the car.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow," I complain, as he drags me to the side of the yard.

"Help me understand how exactly you came across this body?" he yells in a hushed voice. His arms are crossed and his eyebrows are furrowed at me. He's pissed.

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler!"

"Which you dropped when?"

"The other night," I say easily.

"The other night when you were out looking for the other half of the body?"

"Yes," I say, obviously.