7. You're Mine, Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer
Today was hectic. After the memorial they let us go home so I booked it for my house. Everything just feels so unreal. So I decide to go lay down for a little bit.

A few hours later, I'm woken up by a sound outside of my window. I roll over and to my surprise...it's the red clad girl again.

"Veronica, why is there a cherry on our roof?" My dad calls in a distracted voice.

I don't know why she insists on coming through the window. I say looking over to her and then opening the window.

"Hi, Sawyer" she smiles a little.

H-hi...I say nervously looking at the ground.

"I tried to call but you didn't answer..busy signal"

Sorry I was chatting with Jason and must have dozed off...I explain.

Heather Chandler
"Sorry I was chatting with Jason and must have dozed off."

My heart drops...

Oh. Jason Dean...funnn. I say trying not to sound hurt. It upset me a little. I like Veronica...but I don't think she's that into me. It's fine. The queen of westerburg doesn't need reassurance.  I turn around and look out of the window.

"Oh ! NO! Not like that! He called asking for help in bio." She says as I turn around. To my surprise, she is standing right in front of me.

Sorr-

"It's fine" she says looking deep into my eyes...

Sawyer...

"Chandler..."

We get closer...this time, she kisses me. It's not aggressive. It's calm. Collective.

Smooth, Veronica. Real smooth. I tease.

"Heyyyy you didn't call me Sawyer! That's the first time you've called my Veronica! I feel so special" she giggles

Are you high?

"No...."

Are you?

"Yes"

Knew it! Where is it? I want a hit! I reply.

"Nightstand"

I go over...this smells different...what the fuck. I take a hit and immediately start coughing.

Sawyer! This is fucking oregano! Who gave this to you? I yell.

"Jason!"

get back in here!

"Hang on I'm doing my makeup"

Well stop. Get out here.

"Fine" she says as she opens the door.

I go up to her and grab her face so I can see her eyes. They are huge.

Sawyer...I didn't think it was possible to get high off of oregano...I'm pretty sure you just did it...

She lets out one of her dorky giggles and my heart melts.

You're cute. I tease.

"Awe Heather is a human being!"

Don't say anything. My rep has already taken a huge hit.

"And dukes wallet" she says which makes me remember what happened in the gym today.