Chapter 25

March 21, 2020
1:00 pm

Minho's P.O.V

"How long will you be gone for?" Jisung asks desperately, his tears falling down his cheeks as softly as the rain outside. I continue packing my luggage into the trunk of my car, not paying attention to him as I am about to burst into tears myself from watching him cry. I shut the trunk and he grabs my wrist.

"How long Minho? How long will you be away from me?" He looks at me, pleading for an answer, the hope in his eyes being torn away every second that passes.

"A few days or so...it should just be for the weekend...I should be back next week." I look away from him so my eyes don't betray me.

"Promise me you'll stay safe, and you'll call or text whenever you get the chance." Tears block him from seeing me as he looks down, his chest rising and falling at a fast rate and his entire body quivering.

"I promise Jisung, now you should go back inside or you'll get sick from the rain." I reply and he shakes his head. "Han Jisung, go back inside the house."

"Do I have to, Minho?"

"Yes, you do now go back inside." He turns around and starts walking away from me as I pull my keys out and start the car. Before I know it, he's back in my arms and kissing me harder than he ever has before, like his life depends on it. I kiss him back and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I promise Sungie, I'll be back to you as soon as possible." I let go of him and peck his cheek before walking to the driver's side of the car, getting in. I drive away, trying to compose myself as I watch him in the parking lot through my rearview mirror, watching him stand there looking at me leaving.

As soon as I am far enough away from him, my eyes overflow with tears. I hate watching him cry like that, all because of me. Crying, I drive to the subway station, occasionally looking beside me at the passenger seat wishing he could be here with me, endlessly singing to random songs on the radio and doing voice impressions of the weatherman and the news reporters. Simple things he does on a whim that I absolutely love.

My phone rings in the cup holder but I ignore it, continuing to drive until it rings again. I finally pick it up after a few rings, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Hello?" I say, hearing multiple voices at the same time.

"Hyung, we're all here and waiting for you...you're the last person and you know how Channie hyung gets impatient waiting for too long." Seungmin practically yells on the other side. I discreetly sniffle a few times before answering.

"Yeah yeah I'll be there in a few m-minutes." I clear my throat.

"Minho hyung, are you crying?"

"What, no I'm not crying,"

"Are you sure, because that-"

"Yes, I'm sure! Now go, I'll be there in a few minutes!" I aggressively hang up and continue driving. Once I reach the station and park the car, I grab my luggage, my phone and my ticket and head inside. I hurry to the car that my team is in and hand the attendant my ticket before rushing inside with my bags.

"Minho hyungie's here!" I hear Jeongin cheer as I move over to them.

"Finally, we thought you were going to be late, cat boy." Changbin chuckles and checks his watch.

"Oh shut up shortie, I'm never late." I roll my eyes and sit down with my luggage. Changbin scoffs at my reply and looks away offendedly.

"How long is the ride, Chan hyung?"

"About 42 minutes, Lix."

"Okie dokie."

"Minho hyung, were you crying?" Jeongin whispers from beside me.