Fourteen

Present time...

"And you broke my Nini's shoulders!" Chaeyoung yelled drunkenly at Irene.

"It wasn't that hard!" Irene said and tried to pull Chaeyoung to sit because the younger girl can't stay still.

Irene knows that Chaeyoung already had her limit. The girl would laugh then cry all of a sudden. She too is defending herself from an incident that happened years ago. The one when she broke Jennie's shoulders during soccer practice.

"It was! I was cwying and Nini, she... she's cwying also and I got mad at chu!" Chaeyoung slurred her words.

"And that's the day you told me that you don't want to see me anymore. When we were at the hospital" Irene said sadly remembering that painful day.

"Because you were bad" Chaeyoung said and took a shot.

"I'm sorry" Irene said seriously.

"I got scared. Very scared of you" Chaeyoung said and created a big gap with her arms.

"Sorry" Irene cannot say anything more than that she's sorry.

Maybe the alcohol is already kicking in. The feeling of guilt is coming back to her like a childhood nightmare. If one knew Irene too well, they cannot deny why she fell in love with this drunken girl. She's adorable as she is even when sober. Just enough to melt a frozen heart. Chaeyoung made her feel like a normal person, she's the only girl who managed to melt her cold façade. 

Chaeyoung was so kind and pure.

'I don't understand why they call you a cold goddess You are so warm Irene Unnie. I like you' 

Chaeyoung's words 8 years ago were still written inside her heart.

"I was scared that you'll take me away from Jennie. I don't want that" Chaeyoung said that pulled her back into the reality.

Chaeyoung drinks another shot and she was crying already like a kid. Irene tried to comfort Chaeyoung; the poor girl is already sobbing. Her head was slumped on the bar counter where they sat.

"She's going to propose to her girlfriend. And you're getting married. And Lisa's got a girl and meeeh? I'm-"

"Drunk. You're drunk, Chaeyoung" someone said.

"who said that?! Who keeps saying that I'm drunk? I'm Wosie! I'm not drunk!" Chaeyoung whined.

"because you are" Irene said and gestured Lisa not to interfere.

"am not! I still know you! You are Irene Bae Joohyun, that bitch from high school" Chaeyoung announced to the whole bar.