27 - Different

Mya:

He didn't have to say it but I knew David wasn't happy with the circumstances. After he told me I would have both of them he, I mean they took me to David's room. We were going to go out and celebrate that I was awake and well.

Kneeling in the bedroom I stared as David and Jarod argued over what I would wear. David wanted me in red, Jarod wanted blue, I wanted everything to be the way it was before Angel shot me.

I sighed and the argument stopped, I felt their eyes on me but I didn't look up. David sighed and walked out the room, Jarod sat on the edge of the bed.

I looked up and he was staring at me.

"Why can't you just leave us?"

"Is that what you really want?"

The anger in me was screaming yes but I said nothing.

"This will not work, you may look the same and act the same but you cannot be dominant the same. David is to territorial to share me and so are you. I don't even understand your reason for being here. I dreamt of you so my subconscious has a pull toward you but what is your reason?"

He slid on the floor landing on his butt then pulled me to him onto his lap holding me. I laid my head in his neck before I thought twice about it. But even then I didn't move it.

"David called me a week after you were in a coma. I came immediately, my brother was upset and he needed support so I came. I came only to support him until he didn't need me. I expected the woman he cared for would mean something other wise he would not be there. He is very picky ever since we were little. What I didn't expect was to come to the hospital and completely forget I was there for my brother, instead I was there for you. I saw you so peaceful and sleeping I just couldn't look away. At first I came once a week sitting with David in the hospital then going to a hotel a few blocks over then it became more frequent. Soon I just stopped leaving. I would watch you sleep, so many emotions would cross your face. I felt like you would hear me when I spoke. I would read out loud because it seemed your heart rate picked up whenever I would speak. Jezabelle would visit sometimes and once she kissed your cheek before leaving and your heart rate went through the roof, I wondered what would happen if I touched you. So one night when David was sleep I whispered how beautiful you were in your ear then I... I kissed your lips. They were so soft. Your heart rate was so fast David woke and I was still leaning over you I lied and told him I thought you were murmuring and I couldn't hear you. I'm sorry if I'm making this difficult for you but I can't leave you alone, I can't stop thinking about you. I told myself all I wanted was to see your eyes and when you woke I would leave but that's only made me stay longer. Forgive me but I can't unless you really want me gone but even then I won't go far."

When he was done tears were flowing freely down my face and I was crying into his shoulder he held me letting me cry. When I was calm I wiped my face and stood holding my hand out for him which he took gladly then followed me as I lead him to the living room where David was sitting on the couch head in hands.

I kneeled before him and he looked at me and smiled softly.

"I love you David but I don't want to hurt you. I.."

He leaned forward and kissed me stopping my words with his tongue. I sighed opening and kissing him back throwing my arms around his neck.

He pulled back a grin on his face.

"As long as you keep loving me I will always be okay, I rather share you with my idiot brother then lose you."

"Hey! I passed high school."

We all laughed and I was lead to the bedroom where they both found a outfit they could agree on.

I wore a beautiful black dress that stopped at mid thigh, black stilettos and my hair was hanging around my shoulders. I was told to put on red lipstick very thickly and nothing else makeup wise. We took a cab to where I don't know but it was the most uncomfortable ride I ever had. One man on both sides of me their hands turned palm up on their thighs.