Nocte

Point In Time: Territory Wars
File Name: NOCTE
Universe Importance: Significant
What you are about to experience is a recollection of the past digitally recreated from the memories found in the bones of your ancestors.
You cannot change anything.
You cannot be harmed.
You cannot leave without learning.

Good luck, Searcher.
Enjoy.

L O A D I N G
F I L E
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ever since she was a child, Nocte knew she was going to be apart of something bigger. A giant cog in the universes machine.
She also knew she was the pride of the Ita family, and she carried many responsibilities with her.

They had sent her away to train abroad when she was ten years old.
Nocte fondly remembered her days of taking on bandits on the roads, or slaying monsters that encroached on her camp sites.

She'd trained in the far corners of the earth under masters of all sorts of sword styles.
Because of this, she was revered across the land. Some called her the best swordswoman to ever exist, some said she was an impregnable foe.

Nocte had seen her fair share of defeat and eventually grew out of her big headedness and learned not to let her fame and titles get to her.
After years of training she became a mature young woman of nineteen.

She returned to her village and gathered many men and woman to build a settlement in the far west. It took many months of hard work but eventually a small encampment was created.

They proudly flew their traditional colors of red and black and purple on a flag above it all.
Nocte couldn't help but feel pride welling up inside her at the sight of it.

Now she stood atop a hill on the back of her horse, her silky black hair tied in an updo and Karuta armor adorning her body painted skillfully in the colors of her people.
Her daisho at her side and her warriors around her she prepared to wage war on the Taurus settlement.

She closed her eyes and breathed slowly.
The glowing purple gem set into her breastplate flared as she called upon its energy.
The stone had been with her since birth, marking her as a chosen wielder of the primal elements.
It was imbued with deep ancient powers that channeled and focused her own raw abilities.
The purple gem. Her power of the shadows.

The darkness around her swirled and shivered as she concentrated, soon opening her eyes and letting the energy fade.
Nocte turned to her second in command, Lieutenant Tau, and nodded.
Tau ordered her men to ready themselves as the land opposing them began to fill.

Men with hard orange skin like rock with large ivory horns jutting out of their slightly bullish faces appeared opposite Nocte and her people.
They wore leather pants and straps for the large weapons they carried, but not much else.

A beast, much larger than anything on the field, lumbered up just being the army. A great lizard with orange dusty boulders for skin and topaz eyes stretched its hard wings and roared.

Nocte smirked. The Taurus had brought their dragon, their guardian. Every wielded of a gem had one, though it took much energy to call upon and was generally at the use of armies and nations and never typically the wielder themself.
If the Taurus had brought their dragon along with them to this fight not only did it mean they were afraid but Nocte and her Ita soldiers were allowed to slay it without repercussions by law.
Normally the dragons weren't to be harmed but now...

Nocte drew her katana, leveled it at the dragon, and shouted her command to attack.
The armies rushed towards each other, clangs of metal already filling the air, and the battle had started.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Her head hurt... that's all she could think about. The pounding of blood and pain in her skull.
Her helmet hadn't seemed to protect her from much of anything.