《1》

2004. OCTOBER 8th.

"I thought we had a set show today?"

"Then we wouldn't be in new jersey, Cym."

that's what they called you. Cym. Short for Cymbal because they loved your cymbal crashes whenever you had a heavy drum line. your actual name was y/n. born and raised in PA, moved to New Jersey when you were 15, and came to my chem when you were 20 in 2003.

you've known Frank since diapers though, step brother on your step mom's side. you had stopped talking with frank once your step mom broke up with your dad, and moved to new jersey.

it was a while, but when you came to jersey you instantly clicked with Frank again. Like you had never been apart. You met Gerard, Mikey, and Ray not too much later, and their girlfriends. Lyn-Z, Veronica, Jamia, and Celine. All wonderful girls.

and currently, the entire band was going to new jersey to visit. have a little fun. after all, you had just gotten back from a tour.

you found it odd that the windows were covered, and that the front of the tour bus was seperate from the back. you were thankful though. sunlight stings.

"veronica?"

"hm?" she looked over from talking with mikey.

"do you prefer night or day?"

"night. why?"

"you're cool."

"thanks babe."

you smiled and looked at veronica's boots. she always has been cool, veronica was a cool loser. she dressed like if kurt cobain, david bowie, and robert smith all had a love child thaf had to dress in whatever they found in mcr's tour bus. she was loud. and energetic, she was the only other chick in the band and you clicked like lego's.

"we're here." gee remarked.

"how do you know? the driver hasn't said anything."

veronica hopped up and streched, "it's easy. you know every bump and curve if you grew up in jersey."

"shut it ronnie, you grew up in delaware!" frank pointed out

"hush i moved here when i was 10!"

"then you moved out when you were 14." mikey added

"then you came back when you were 16." ray continued.

"oh i guess EVERYONE'S ganging up on me. whatever, i'm gonna go smoke." veronica pulled on her leather jacket and put on her aviators sunglasses before two finger saluting and walking off the tour bus.

frank got up, "i'm gonna go join her."

"we should all really just go and walk around. see stuff, reminisce." ray said as he got up, grabbing his hoodie and jumping off the last step.

"true. and also buying cool unneeded shit."

gerard smiled and ruffled your hair, "very true, young padawan." he then turned and stepped off the bus while pulling on a black denim jacket and sunglasses.

The six of you were all walkiing around, clad in black and looking like vampires. as any rock band should.

You decides to visit the graveyard with veronica. you both do it every time. you just kinda...know when its time to go there.

as you split down the different ways, you couldn't help but look at ronnie perched over her dad's grave. he was everything to her, and she was on tour while it happened. for you, you visited....her grave.

you walked to the very corner of the graveyard, and studied it every time. you told ronnie that you were just visiting an old relative, but you saw the broken headstone. you saw that there were multiple names that used to be there. one of them was Veronica's.

this hadn't confused you much, i mean, you too were one of the blood suckers, but is veronica was one, then what about mikey?

and for that matter, the rest of the band?

"Cym. Cym. Y/N."

"Hm? oh...sorry."

"Well i'm not going to lie. kinda weird when you're standing on top of my grave."

you looked down and stepped backwards awkwardly, "o-oh sorry....heh."

ronnie crouched next to her headstone, trailing her fingers over the broken top and down the sides and edges.

"so where's yours?"

"so where's my what?"

ronnie stood up, "your grave, dumbass. you're way to unphased to not be one too."

"you're right. but mine is in virginia. just happened to be there in time for a mass turning."

veronica hummed and nodded, "oh really? when was your mass turning? I led mine at 50 in 1940."

you smiled, "mine was in 1977."

"i loved disco dancing." ronnie said as you both started back to the playground the boys waited at.

"so are the boys bloodsuckers too?"

"not gonna tell you. it's more fun that way."

you rolled your eyes, stuffing your hands in your pockets as you both made your way to the park.

once there you glancee over the band.

ronnie ran up to mikey, and for a minute you swore you saw a pair of fangs on mikey as he smiled.

you looked at gee and frank who had their backs to the sun.

then you saw ray. he was staring at you the entire time. he winked, and flashed you a definitely fanged smile.

you smiled with a baffled undertone, showing yours off.

holy shit, you were in a band full of blood suckers. yet no way to 100% tp confirm it.

"you guys wanna grab something to eat?" frank spoke up

fuck.

"yeah, there's a shortcut through the graveyard." ray added

fuck.