Happy Birthday Rook!

Note: Finally a few birthdays, they are side stories, have nothing to do with the scenarios, you'll mostly be their own kid...adopted.

Warning: Slight mention of animal violence.

Rook was about to take his leave when he heard his name being yelled from the opposite direction, he turned around and noticed his small child, running towards him, still in her pyjama.
"(Y/n), why did you wake up so early ?" He asked, smiling kindly.
"I want to come with you!" You protested, making him kneel to match your height.
"I believe i told you that it's dangerous."
You shook your head.
"I want to be able to help too! What you do seems so cool!"
Your praise made him truly happy and with a sigh you could barely hear he told you to go and change.

Perhaps he planned on leaving without you, a miserable trick for anyone, but he didn't want his child to get hurt. He would go to any length to protect you. A small chuckle left his lips, who would have thought that his own love would be of such beauty. However, there was another thing that made him stop and before the man could voice his thoughts you were already on your way to put on your shoes, with his bow in your arms.
"Miss Soleil..." he sighed, but his smile betrayed him. Rook couldn't fully understand it himself, but everything you did made him proud and happy.

Be picked up a smaller bow for you before leaving, you exchanged them and the man thought you how to hold it easier and then the two of you left.

Rook planned on running to the place he found the most suited but you weren't a trained hunter. You rather noisy, for an animal's ears, it was clear that you had to keep your distance from the prey.

"Come here."
The man finally said, deriving from the path and entering a small open place. On one of the trees there was a skillfully made drawing of a target. Instead of only having one color and the other one being the tree's, there was used black and white paint and some red for the middle: the bull's eye.
While you were analyzing the target, a strong wind brushed past your ear, it happened so fast that you didn't have time to react and it was better that you didn't since the wind was more than that. Less then a second after the strange feeling, an arrow hit exactly in the red point, your eyes widened. You then turned yor head around and saw your father with his bow prepared. He smiled as he let it down.
You put your hand over your ear, that what made him scared, perhaps his accuracy wasn't that good. He was about to run towards you and check you but your words made him stop.
"That was so cool!"
You weren't hurt, just amazed. You then kept on repeating the same words as he got back his arrow: 'teach me!'
This is what he planned from the beginning, that's why he drew the target, he just wasn't expecting it to be today when he was actually supposed to go hunting.

You took off your bow and Rook showed you how you are supposed to  hold the arrow, you did know how to hold the bow itself but the arrow was a little bit difficult. You had to hold both it and the string and let them go in the same time. You fully understood it only after a few tries, and only then would come the hard part.
"Try to look at the trajectory of the arrow." He explained as he helped you raise your hands, it was truly exhausting but it didn't matter so much in that one moment since you had to clear your and only think about one thing: the target.
The moment you let go of the string the arrow flew at a great speed and your arms fell down since all the exhaustion finally came to you after your one moment of concentration. It seemed quiet easy but your arrow didn't hit the red mark, it hit somewhere near the middle of it and the end of the target. You weren't happy with those results but your father...
"Très Bian!" He exclaimed but you pouted.
"Why is it so good ? I didn't hit the red mark..."
"It's great you were able to hit the target itself in your first try! So close to the mark too!"
His happiness was pretty contagious, maybe there was something to actually feel proud of ?

You tried a few more times, to perfect your aim, you weren't able to hit the mark, but you got closer and closer. After all those attempts your arms just couldn't hold up anymore. You went ahead to pick up the arrows but Rook stopped you, taking them himself. He turned to you and smiled.
"What about we try your skill on the field ?" With those words he put his hat on your head and took your hand into his own.

You had time to rest your arms since the walk took quiet a while,  and once there you saw a field full of animals: rabbits, deers and squirrels in the trees. You saw a few nests with missing birds on some branches as well, perhaps that was one of the greatest places for a hunter.

"Try not to hit the deers, their meat is hard to cook."
Those words sounded so cold, but you already knew this was going to happen...

You couldn't hit anything. Rook made it seem so easy, but the strange position and forced angle only made it harder. After collecting the dead prey in a sack, he tried to grab your hand and tell you that it needs practice and that you did well but...where were you ? He dropped the bag and looked around. You were nowhere to be found.
"(Y/n)!" He screamed your name but no response, he kept on looking everywhere, but with no result.

He decided to go back to the initial place, where all animals ran off due to his screams, you were there, with your back against a tree.
Rook ran towards you and gave you a hug, he was to relieved to be angry, but you could see he wasn't exactly happy since he didn't say anything at all on your way back home.

"Would you mind giving me one of the-" he tried to ask, but you already handed him what he wanted...more or less. What you held by it's foot was a living rabbit, in most cases for such a small animal an arrow wound would be fatal, yet you manage to hit his paw. It was unconscious so you probably believe it was dead, that's why you didn't want to look.
"Perhaps you have a mental wall that keeps you from doing it ?" He thought out loud.
"He is alive." You eyes lit up, of course you weren't ready to kill an animal, you could hardly bear seeing them dead...they might've been pests which chewed on your clothes last night but they still had a soul.
"If you want, and promise you will take care of it, you can keep it." 
But that's now what you wanted.
"...this was supposed to be a birthday present..." you muttered.
Rook sighed as he took the small animal from your hand and warped up how wound.
"Let's release it then."
He got up and left with you following him.

When you got in front of the forest, almost magically, it woke up and started running towards it's family.
"There is nothing wrong with not being able to hunt animal." That still made you feel a little embarrassed, rabbits did become quite a problem around there.
"Thank you, Miss Soleil." He finally said, getting up and patting your head. You rand off to make a burthday present for him...what a nice thought...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't support the violence against animals, but since Rook is a hunter...i guess it's understandable ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~