Chapter 6: Colors

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my-" George could barely talk as he laughed his ass off.

"What? WHAT? WWhhhhaaAAAT?" Dream recovered from choking, cheeks visibly red for anyone to see, except George. "What the heck was that, George!?"

"The look on your face was so priceless!!!" George continued to laugh as he gripped his stomach. Tears were forming on the corners of his eyes. "Oh my gosh--my sides! They hurt so much!"

"GEORGE!" Dream could only call out George's name. "You are such an idiot!"

George laughed some more. And for some reason, Dream couldn't be mad for long. Dream looked at the older boy beside him in slow motion under the afternoon sun. Gold outlined George's hair, dazzling diamond tears decorated his closed eyes, and the sound of his laughter was music from his open lips.

He was like a sunflower- No. He was like the sun, and Dream was the flower who was under the shade too long. Dream was someone who longed for the sunshine. It took only one touch from his warm rays, and Dream bloomed even more.

"I'm kidding! Get your mind out of the gutter, Dream!" George said when he managed to calm down a little. Giggles still escaped here and there. "Relax, we didn't get that far."

"Yeah?" Out of words, that was all Dream managed to say. Was he uncomfortable? Not really. The bubbly atmosphere slowly fizzled out into something serene.

George calmed down as his eyes softened. He looked at the ice cream in his hand. "Yeah... You were always so gentle and patient with me."

Then there was silence. Was it awkward? No, not exactly. It was just- peacefully warm. It felt like home. Soon, the ice creams they had were gone.

The sun was beginning to set. The two walked side by side, feeling the wind and the sun on their face. They have taken off their shoes to feel the soft and damp sand.

Dream looked at the sunset. It reminded him of George and how he couldn't see it in its full colors.

"Every time I see the sunset, I think of you, George." Dream whispered, enough for George to hear.

George stopped in his tracks. It wasn't the first time he heard that phrase. Clay once said it to him. George could feel the rush rising in him again. But he decided to push it down this time.

"Why? How so?" George questioned.

"Because you're colorblind." Dream chuckled.

George let out a warm smile, a smile that remembered the bittersweet past. Dream's answer never changed.

"I'd like you to see the sunset in full colors." Dream said as he faced George. "Someday, I'll make sure to make you see all the colors or at least more than you do right now."

George met his eyes and smiled at him. "You already did that Dream."

Dream looked confused as he raised an eyebrow. Then George took the sunglasses that he rested on his head and handed it to Dream.

Dream slowly realized what George meant as he held the glasses in his hands. Now that he has taken a better look at it, it seemed familiar. Then he remembered.

........................................................................

"George, close your eyes!" Clay said, excitement in his voice.

George giggled at his actions. "I thought you wanted me to watch the sunset."

"George, just do it!" Clay only rushed him more.