chapter one

Gabby pov:
We were all sitting at the table eating our delious lunch that the love of my life, matt casey, had cooked us. It was steak/salad with french fries and a load of vegtables. We were all tucking in when the bell rang.

"Truck 81, squad 3, engine 51, ambo 61, battalion 25, high rise fire"

i heard battalion chief wallace boden shout" lets go, lets go, lets go, we got people to save." I saw luitenant casey jump into truck 81 as fast as he could. I knew this was bad.

shays pov:
Me and brett saw gabbys expresion on her face when the phrase 'high rise fire,' was said. She always gets worried when casey runs into a fire.
"hey its going to be ok," me and brett said in unison. Suddenly we start to smell smoke. It looked bad. From what i could see, floors 15, 16 and 17 had smoke coming from them, they were probably the fire floors. The top floor was going to be hard to get to. I could see people running out of the front door. Then i look up someone was about to throw there baby out the second floor window. "No," i shout but it was to late. She dropped her baby. I ran to where i thought it was going to land and i just caught it. The baby was going blue and i called gabby. We checked her out and then took her to med it turned out she had had an asthma attack.

Caseys pov:
we just arrived when ambo was leaving. I wanted to kiss gabby before we went in but it was too late. I heard boden say."truck 81 take the top floor, squad 3 evacuate the rest of the building." We were about to run in when i saw gabby arrive again i was so happy to see her. Gabby, sylvie and leslie had just got out of the ambo and was running to someone in pain with burns.

BANG it all went black