Chapter 15

'Oh sorry! I thought you were someone else. ' I manage to release. The boy smiles and then walks away. How embarrassing is this. Of course it wasn't Ethan at all. I just imagined it. I walk back to the classroom with rosy cheeks. Then I see that the door of the classroom is already open and some students are entering. I speed up my stride for the second time in this hallway.
When I enter the classroom, I see to my disappointment that the entire front row is already occupied. I take a quick glance through the classroom and notice that there are also some students in the back. I walk without looking at anyone to a seat in the second row.
I'm still ashamed. I hope my flushed cheeks are less visible. When the teacher comes in and starts talking, the shame disappears in me and I am completely absorbed in the material. I miss Abby next to me, but I'll see her again tonight. Now I can fully concentrate on everything the teacher says and I am not distracted.
Half an hour later the teacher stops explaining. "If everyone just takes old-fashioned pen and paper, you can start with the assignments noted on the board." The teacher tells and I obey immediately. I open my purse and grab my college notebook and pencil case. From that I take my favorite pen that my mother gave me and start copying the questions. "Master, I don't have a pen with me." I suddenly hear behind me. I roll my eyes. There is always such a fool who does not carry a pen. And who the hell still calls the teacher master?
I'm in college, but this comment makes it seem like I've ended up in kindergarten. "Could I perhaps borrow one from you?" Says the same voice. I notice that I want to roll my eyes again but then suddenly my breath catches, the butterflies in my stomach are back and I break out in a sweat.