Feathered Pen {Writer!Eren x Reader} Modern AU

It was a quiet, rainy night. A typical occurrence where the two of you lived. A small--but cozy--apartment with one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen, living room, and the one place where all the magic happens.

The office.

This is where your fiance spent most of his time. Writing for newspapers, magazines, and his one and only joy, his novel.

He doesn't have a title, but it's genre is romance.

You loved how he was so dedicated to his work, but sometimes you think that he needs to take a break.

He would spend long hours just writing non-stop. With just a cup of black coffee and maybe a granola bar, that's what he survived on for 2 to even 4 hours!

"Eren.." You creeked open the thin wooden door slowly. He was at it again, sitting in his comfty, coffee brown chair, and his--not so little--writing desk with a pen in his hand, and papers scattered all over the table.

He let out a quick "Hm?" And continued to scribble down words.

"I think you should take a tiny break. You're going to strain your eyes." You pointed out. His hand continued to write, not aware you were talking to him. You sighed, and walked towards his form.

You knelt down at the end of his desk, and admired his concentrating features.

Strong knitted eyebrows.

Handsome turquoise eyes that were slighty strained with pink streaks.

His chocolate hair that floats off his forehead as he looks down.

Finally, his lips that had the tip of his tounge sticking out, while he bit the inside of his cheeks.

You chuckled, and layed your head down on the table. "Eren...?" You called out softly. Again, he stayed silent and continued writing. You looked at his hand, and saw that he holding something unusual

A feathered pen. Something like in the 1800's maybe? You furrowed your thin eyebrows and flicked the feather.

At first, no reaction.

You watched as it swayed side to side as a result of Eren writing a bit fast.

You flicked it again.

This time, a little glance towards you.

You smirked realizing what was happening.

Finally, you snatched the feathered pen from his hand and rolled it across his desk.

He abruptly sat up straight and bit his lip while looking at you. "What is it (Y/n)?" You gave him a look a puppy would make when confused.

"You know you've been working non-stop right? You need to take a break." You pouted while he sighed.

"Alright, I have been working for almost 6 hours...do you want some attention?" He said like he WAS talking to a puppy. You grunted and lunged towards him, resulting in knocking him and the chair to the ground.

You both laughed in amusement as you laid on his chest that was vibrating when he laughed. The two of you soon calmed down and looked at each other.

"You work too much Eren. You should take a vacation..." You cupped your hands around his cheeks. "A long vacation." He softly smiled as you gave him a sweet peck on the lips.

"I know, I guess since we're going to get married quite soon, why don't we go to some place exotic afterwards?" Eren suggested.

You thought for a moment and giggled. "I'm fine with anywhere as long as we're together. We could just stay here and watch movies and anime even~" You suggested. Eren grinned and got out from under you and off the chair that was still on the floor.

"Let's do it now then!" He was about to sprint out the door before you stopped him.

"WAIT!" He stopped at the doorway and turned slowly towards you. Getting up, you went to his desk and picked up the feathered pen."Why do you have this?" You twirled it slowly in your fingertips, and walked towards him.

"Oh that? It was something from my dad." He smiled at the thought of him. You titled your head and examined it more closely.

"Oh yeah, you said that your dad was a writer...a famous writer actually." You remembered. Eren nodded, and watched as you set it back down on his desk, then spin around with a sweet smile spread across your lips.

You stepped towards him and wrapped you arms around his neck.

"Guess what--"

Before you could finish, he slowly leaned down and kissed you. The both of you savored the sweet moment before you released.

"Lemme guess...you were gonna say--"

Now before HE could finish, you put your fingers to his lips to stop him.

"No! Let me say it!" You shifted around on your feet. "I love yooouuuu!"

He started to laugh, then took your chin between his thumb and index finger, and brought your lips up to his for another quick peck. "I love you too." He whispered.

You pushed him away lightly with a small blush on your face. "Hehe let's go watch some anime you sexy bastard." You swiftly made it pass him as he started to loose it behind you.