Two souls

Courtney's POV
Slowly I opened my eyes, my sight was misty and breathing slow. Eventually my eyes opened and Daisy came into focus.
"Miss?" She smiled boldly
"Walter! She's awake!" I heard footsteps chasing up the stairs and then the door swung open. "What's going on?" I asked in a daze
"You've had a little sleep is all, you were very cold"
"I think I remember" I said sitting up slowly And rubbing my eyes "where's Alfie?"
"Alfie?" Walter asked, confused.
"Yes I remember him carrying me" I said blinking
"He- he didn't turn up" daisy said sympathetically
"But-"
"It was that local lad" Walter huffed
"Who?" I asked feeling the tears stinging at my eyes.
"Tide, the handsome man I told you about" daisy mumbled
"I see" I breathed holding back the tears.
"The man from the cottage in the woods" she said
"I met his wife" I nodded trying very hard to stop the tears now
"Oh no, he hasn't got a wife"
"That's strange" I said "now I think I'd like to rest for a while if you wouldn't mind" I weakly smiled reassuringly.
"Bu-"
"Of course" Walter ushered Daisy out of the room and poked his head in "it's okay miss" he looked at me knowingly before closing the door. I climbed back into the bed and and began to cry into the pillow holding it to my face. I had gathered myself up and was downstairs by lunch time, I had a lovely little lunch with everyone which cheered me up immensely.
Shayne's POV
"What happened to that young lady?" Sandy asked me, smoke billowing from her lip.
"I took her to her house and left her with the servants, they all seemed to care for her"
"Poor thing, what a sight to see. She was almost blue in the face, same colour as that lovely dress she was wearing. She must be a wealthy young woman to afford such a thing"
And all of a sudden the memory eclipsed my mind, Michelle had thoughtfully mentioned the dress last year and told me about how beautiful it was and how lucky the girl was for..for her husband" my stomach dropped and heart sunk.  Five years, it made sense she would have moved on but for some reason it felt like the worst pain I had ever felt.
"I need to go home Sandy." I said abruptly and quickly walking out. I heard her call something but ignored it and continued through town quickly. Once I reached the edge of town my breathing became deeper and each inhale brought tears to my eyes. I began me descent down the path and home, it was near dusk by the time I had dragged my feet back home but almost immediately as I got in the door I realised I still had Daves Coat clenched in my hand. "If I don't take this back he will kill me" I sighed. I pulled a jumper over myself and then stepped right back out of the door, I could see my breath in the golden and dimming light. I kept my eyes on the path and walked slowly trying to breath slowly. The ground was crisp at my feet as I scraped against it then feeling a warm tear fall down my cheek. It hit the road at my feet and disappeared into the frozen floor. Then a subtle lamplight touched the floor and my eyes focused on its colour "Shayne?"
My eyes darted up, there she was with a latern in hand and two red eyes filled with tears. Her eyes focused on mine and she gasped dropping the lamp. And then in a moment she had leapt into my arms and desperately pulled me closer as if she was trying to pull me into her soul, she  continued to grapple at me pulling me into her and pushing herself into me. She sobbed and I held her tightly and she relaxed into me just standing there, it felt as if we had joined into one no words were exchanged, she felt me holding her right in return and relaxed like she knew I was there "Shayne, Shayne you- your dead on the boat"
"I love you, I love you so much, I love you I miss you" I cried pulling away and looking into her eyes.
"Why did you leave, I love you, I love you Shayne, why did you go" she cried in return.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't- I didn't know what to do I'm a fugitive in America and I wanted you to-"
"That couldn't matter, it doesn't matter it never did I love you I don't understand"
"But you've changed and moved and grown that's all I wanted even if it kills me" I breathed
"I'm married, how do you know I'm married? You were dead I would never have married another if I had known you were-"
"Exactly" my response froze the moment and we both held onto each other with our arms outstretched, examining each other. I could see the confusion and worry in her eyes register and then her push it out of her mind and pull me in again.
"I can feel you" she cried loudly