Goodbye.

I don't own any rights to these characters these are nbc own characters

Chapter 1

DONT look back kid... it's time for you to start the next chapter in your life.....
That's all Erin could think about "don't look back", but how could she not. The man she loved was still here.  Erin decided she has to see jay before she leaves since she does t want her last memory to jay walking away.

Erin starts walking from the bridge to her car.. she starts to head towards jay apartment.
As soon as she arrives she walks up to his apartment door and knocks. All she can think about is how nervous she is.
Jay opens the door...
Jay: Erin w what are you doing here?
Erin: I can't with partner for his birthday!
Jay: of course you can come in.
Erin: whatcha watching?
Jay: Cubs vs Brewers
Erin grabs a beer and a slice of pizza...
Erin: How are the cubbies doing?
Jay: they are currently up 9-2 in the 8th bottom of the 8th inning!
She screams "YESS" with a huge smile on her face. Now that's she all into the game jay can't help but notice her smile.
Erin: is there something on my face?
Jay: no nothing there.
He then turns to face Erin
Jay: Erin I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry. I know I walked out of the house but, I thought I was doing what was best for you and me.
Erin: jay I know your sorry, I'm only mad because you didn't trust me enough to lean on and then you kept a major secret. Your wife, I told i would stand by you and let you figure it out but you left me. I told myself I wasn't gonna cry because I wanted to spend your birthday with you. So for tonight jay can we just forget about the past and just live in the moment tonight?
Jay: yes, I would love to.

Jay gets up and his lips crash into Erins...she can't resist so she allows him to carry her to the bedroom. After 3 intense rounds of scrabble they both decided to call it a night.

5 am in the morning Erin sneaks out of bed leaving a note...

    First and foremost Jay Halstead you are the love of my life, and I am sorry for this next part... I took a deal and I am now moving and I promise this is not for forever. I hope this time apart will help both of us. I won't forget all the best memories we've had and I hope that we can find our way back to each other.

                     Love always Erin Lindsay