The 'hotter' boy: Part 2

You take a look at the clock - 8:30. Time to drive just half an hour to the other part of the coast. Peeking outside the window, you see the fiery sun beginning to set and admire yourself in the mirror. Today's look was 'on fleek', as one of your favorite vines said:

A black bikini, showing your body, a red wrap-skirt from Brandy Melville along with your flowery scrunchie and your face covered with the Chanel makeup you bought on another crazy shopping trip with freaking Deb.

Stupid idea, you thought. Fuck it. As a teenager, being dumb was just one of the things you always mastered. Despite the overthinking, you were always a spontaneous girl, taking risks at what always seemed to be the worst moment.

Ironically, the past few times have brought you miracles: several times, you have temporarily 'repared' your friendship with Debora, lost other friends, gained other friends, met boys, broke up with boys. Every day was another fucking adventure that would take you to another journey through the unexpected. Something you always loved and hated at the same time. Both the reward and the self-sabotage were both reasons you just ended up doing it. Nothing holding you back.

You hopped into your mom's range rover, turning on the ignition as your phone paired to the car and you started to play the generic 'top hits' playlist. The same usual colorful view of the dark, blue sea appeared through the window along with the luminous colors of the sky: golden, peach, coral, lavender and rose painted in streaks across the scene.

More texts pop up on your phone:

Chad: you almost there?

y/n: yeah, i left the house

Chad: i left like half an hour ago lmao

y/n: you live that far?

Chad: not really, just a social man

y/n: you're a frat boy, don't pride yourself

Chad: noted. don't be late - we're outta white claw so we're bringing some corona and janie decided to bring some marsh mellows

His girlfriend? You thought. Fuck. How could you even look at Jade Marie when you kissed him, or even answered his the next day after the fight. 

You continue the chat:

y/n: i'll be there soon, don't miss me

Chad: can't wait to see you there babe

Babe? You paused. Many guys have called you that stupid name which felt like it meant nothing, but this time, it hit different. The demon inside you smiled: how could you have scored a little naughty angel like that?

Another few minutes pass listening to Ari's 34+35: you are finally approaching the southern part of your local coast. Despite the fact it was always some sort of a drive, it didn't seem to bother you.

Suddenly, the music stopped and you looked back down at your phone. You tapped it aggressively with your hand as the damn thing would not turn on. You panic and turn your eyes back onto the road, going slower. Holding the power button, the phone shows the stupid red 'out of battery' symbol. Fuck. What do you do? Pull in out of the blue? Cause a scene in front of Debora? 

The next few minutes passed as you drove your normal route to the the hidden spot. The plan was the same: find the hole in the fence, squeeze yourself through, run towards the rocks and climb down, then jump off the same flat boulder onto a small, hidden place on the beach. 

To your surprise, it was empty. This was normally where you'd find Deb hanging around with some other people she met a few night ago. There'd be a little bonfire, surrounded by yowling college boys and gossiping party girls. It'd be like a whole camp. There was also a broader part of the beach in this hideout but your gang usually preferred the enclosed part closer to the abandoned pier.