The Party

Author

5:00 pm

Jayden paced around his room trying to calm his nerves. He has about an hour to calm down before he goes out to be surrounded by single girls (and guys) as everyone tries to guess who his soulmate is. His best friend Isaiah is on the phone trying to keep him calm. Neither fully knowing what was going to happen that night.

Jayden

"Man are you sure you can't make it tonight?" I asked Isaiah for the thousandth time tonight.

"Yeah man, I'm sorry I have to go do some shopping for the house and clean," Isaiah explained again. I take a deep breath in when someone knocks at my door. I look down at my phone worried about who could be at the door.

"Hey, honey can you come down and help with something for the party?" My mom asked from behind the door.

"Yeah, sure mom I'll be right there," I called back listening to her retreat back to the main room.

"All right bro I gotta go I'll talk to you later," I told Isaiah

"It's fine go have fun and tell you'r, mom, I said hi." He replied before hanging up.

Isaiah

glancing down at my phone I sighed why did I have to always lie to him? It's not anything bad I should just calm down. It's not my fault they chose her birthday for the day of the party, If only I could be at two places at once.'DING' "I wonder who texting me?" I pondered out loud. Turning my phone on I see a notification from 'little mouse'. I wonder what she's texting me about?

 I wonder what she's texting me about?

'I should leave soon' I laugh lightly to myself, 'she worries too much. I guess I need to head over there so she doesn't worry anymore.'

5:15 pm
'Why does her room have to be on the second-floor god' I thought as I climbed up the tree in her back yard to get into her room. 'Okay, one more push than I'll be able to get on the ledge so I can open the window.' I carefully climbed onto the ledge and slowly walked over to her window. Slowly opening the window and climbing in I had one leg in the room when Micky came tumbling into Alice's room.
"Ahh!!" He yelled in surprise. His shouting causes me to fall all the way into the room. "Micky It's alright!" I told him sitting up on my elbows. "It's Izzy 'member" I counted trying to get him to stop crying.
"Izzy?" He babbled out
"Yea it's Izzy." I responded getting off the floor. "where's sissy" I asked.
"Sissy?" He repeated pointing out the door. I nodded picking him up on my way out the door. I walked down the stairs and made my way into the kitchen with Micky on my hip. He had his head on my shoulder and put his thumb in his mouth by the time we made it to our destination.
"Oh sissy where are you!" I called into the kitchen only getting a giggle back.

"I see my messenger has finally gotten back to me" Alice called from the Kitchen.

"This little guy?" I asked playing along.

"Ah, That would be him" She replied coming over to us. When she finally got there she stuck out her hands and started tickling Micky. We started a full-on tickle attack on him only to be interrupted by my phone going off.