¤Thirteen¤

The following morning, Downton Abbey

Cora woke alone. Simon didn't stay very long and Robert never made an appearance. She shifted position and reached to ring the bell.

When Henry went down to his car, he screamed. The windscreen was gone, the fragments of glass sprinkled over the seats, the doors were misshapen snd there was a cricket bat shaped indentation on the bonnet. His beautiful, perfect, expensive car (who he named Annie) was dead. Murdered in the night by a violent cricket player. His life would never be the same again.

Robert lay in his dressing room, contemplating his relationship with Cora. They weren't exactly on bad terms, but it is never a good sign when your wife tells you that your children are the only reason she didn't leave years ago. He sighed before ringing for Bates.

Mary was slightly guilty. Not much, but slightly and this meant that she regretted her actions against Mr Talbot's fancy car, and that was not how she wanted to feel in the morning. The whole idea screamed that she sympathised with him, thus supporting, therefore suggesting that she tolerated 'his kind'. She rang for Anna before she gave herself a chance to think any more.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

The Dowager House

Violet pursed her lips. They were still at it. Bickering. Constantly. So, she issued them an ultimatum. They make peace, or are both fired. She certainly hoped that they made peace, butlers and ladies maids were hard to find these days.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

The Bates's Cottage

Anna smiled at him and kissed him softly. "What was that for?" John asked with a grin, reaching to stoke her cheek. "Nothing really, Mr Bates, just well...."

"Well what?"

"I love you very much."

"And I you my darling "

"But, the thing is..."

"What? "

"I just wanted to tell you that...."

"Continue? "

" That you are going to be a father, that's all."

John grabbed her by the waist and spun her around three times before kissing her. "So, are you happy? " she asked. A joyous grin spread across John's features. "The best reason for kissing me, that I ever heard!"

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Downstairs, Downton Abbey

Charlie and Elsie sat side by side in Charlie's parlor, talking about the wedding and holding each others hands. Elsie was smiling to herself when Mr Moseley rushed in. Automatically they broke hands. "Mr Carson, Mrs Hughes, you must come quickly! "

They jumped out of their chairs in unison and proceeded to the servants hall. The drama was, as it seemed, to be at the door. It took a few moments for them to fight through the small conjugation that had gathered around the servants entrance. "Let me through! " Elsie yelled.

Finally she was through. She saw what they were staring at. At the door stood a sallow skinned, dark haired, muscular, handsome man. He smiled slightly. His accomplice however, was the most shocking of the two. She glared at them. "Hello, Mr Carson, Mrs Hughes." There was a pause, "may I introduce my husband - Mahesh Goswami."

Silence. Thomas puffed his way to the door and stopped mid step. "Miss O' Brien , you're back!"

Mwwwahaha!!! I bet you weren't expecting that!... Maybe some of you were ida know.... 1.42k reads.... LIKE WOW
Thanks again for reading, love you all...

{SaskatFishcakes } xxx

ps. For all you Banna shippers out there i highly recommend everything by @anna_bates_forever ..... The current story called 'The Mysterious Housemaid' is wonderful and thrilling!!!

CAST
Lady Grantham ~ Elizabeth McGovern
Mr Bricker ~ Richard E Grant
Lord Grantham ~ Hugh Bonneville
Charlie Carson ~ Jim Carter
Elsie Hughes ~ Phyllis Logan
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James-Collier
Miss Baxter ~ Raquel Cassidy
Mr Moseley ~ Kevin Doyle
Mr Bates ~ Brendan Coyle
Anna Bates ~ Joanne Froggatt
Lady Mary ~ Michelle Dockery
Denker ~ Sue Johnston
Spratt ~ Jeremy Swift
Lady Edith ~ Laura Carmichael
Henry Talbot ~ Matthew Goode
Daisy Mason ~ Sophie McSherra
Mrs Patmore ~ Leslie Nicol