Chapter 4

A couple of weeks passed since that talk and Taehyung mercifully stopped asking Jungkook about blood.

Jungkook is not getting any better in controlling his bloodlust but school is getting busier, therefore serving a good enough distraction. However, he isn't sure how long it'll last. He might have to ask Seokjin for help if it comes down to it (Seokjin is the oldest vampire out of the three of them and is also the most excellent in self control).

Right now, he tries to direct his focus on the burger and fries in front of him. School cafeteria food is not the best but it's enough to fill Jungkook up and makes it easier to pull his attention from the sweet smell of blood around him.

"You alright?"

Jungkook looks up and almost forgets Jimin sitting across from him. He doesn't know how they keep meeting randomly. They never plan to hang out or join each other during lunch but the two always bump into each other and end up spending the rest of their break together. Not that Jungkook minds. Jimin is fun.

When Jungkook finally realized that Jimin just asked him a question and is patiently waiting for his reply, he quickly shakes his head lightly and clears his throat.

"Yeah, I'm good."

Jimin quirks an eyebrow at him, not looking convinced.

"Come on, you can tell me. You've been looking so out of it lately."

Bloody hell, was Jungkook really that bad at keeping himself in check?

Jungkook thinks about telling Jimin about his issue (his desperate, constant hunger for blood) but eventually deems it ridiculous and even impolite. Picturing a scenario of Jungkook, a vampire, talking about his worries concerning his waning control of his bloodlust due to the dizzying, sweet smell of human blood to Jimin, a human, could possibly only result in discomfort and possibly disgust from Jimin's end.

But Jimin's eyes are inviting and friendly, like Jungkook can really tell him anything. So Jungkook relents, although vaguely.

"I've been hungry," Jungkook mutters quietly, only loud enough so Jimin is the only one that could hear him in the cafeteria. There are people sitting a couple of chairs away from them and Jungkook really hopes they don't catch on with their topic right now. He already sees the people around them giving him glances.

Jimin, the smart bastard that he is, gets what Jungkook means right away and doesn't point out the (untouched) burger and fries in front of Jungkook. Jimin just nods in understanding, his face looking contemplative.

"When was the last time?" (When was the last time you fed?)

Jungkook gulps because thinking about it makes him think of blood and he struggles to control his eyes from turning red and his fangs to keep themselves hidden. There are still way too many people in the cafeteria, way too many people stealing glances at him. Even the slightest change in the color of his eyes wouldn't go unnoticed.

"I don't know, ages ago probably," Jungkook replies hurriedly, wanting to stop this conversation immediately but at the same he can't help but feel a tad better to finally talk about it out loud even if it's with a human who probably can never understand how difficult it is to abstain from fresh blood. But Jimin is understanding enough.

"Do you need to feed directly from us? Do you need to kill someone?" Jimin asks, keeping the last part of his question in a whisper to really make sure no one hears him.

Jungkook swallows, averting his eyes from Jimin and directing his gaze towards the food in front of him. He's surprised to find that he initially thought the sight in front of him is repulsive before he catches himself.