(Sad/floof)Mistake

Trigger warning for feeling helpless/dangerous, self harm, and breif argument

This is sad but it turns floofy at the end. Please Enjoy!

Also holy shit guys... FOUR THOUSAND READS- that's a lot. Thank you for all your support! <3
~~~~~~~

Cross was crying, upset and still hurt. Nightmare had a fight with dream and killer after learning they were together, much less that they'd been together for a whole two years... even before the truce. Long story short Dream called him an asshole and Night stormed off... Cross tried to get him to apologise but night was crying and upset and refused to talk to him.

Eventually Nightmare snapped and slammed him into the wall pretty roughly because Cross said something that made him even more upset... and Night ended up hurting him. Hearing Cross yelp as it happened was enough to snap him out of it, he immediately regretted it, but was crying so hard he couldn't even help. Cross was at a loss for words... Night hurt him, he promised... He promised it would never happen again... And it did.

Long before they knew each-other's feelings, Nightmare had a short temper, and pretty regularly stabbed someone, tossed people out windows or threatened to harm them... Since Cross had been there, violence became less common. Nightmare worked hard to get his pride and ideals out of the way, and sometimes still yelled, but Cross had practically tamed him over time... After their relationship became serious Nightmare had promised him that he would always be safe with him... even if Nightmare hadn't hurt him that badly, it still hurt to have been hurt by him...

And so it hurt so much more... So much more.

So now Cross was crying and talking to lust, lust was always nice to everyone, even if most of the people on the team didn't bother being nice back. Cross told him what happened and everyone knew they were fighting, Dust watched the whole thing go down and Horror heard it. Nightmare didn't come out if his room the whole evening, he was curled up in a ball replaying his mistake in his head... He hurt Cross... All Cross did was try to help him and then he got hurt too.

Night sobbed and sobbed, too hurt and alone to even think about anything but the look of betrayal Cross gave him... He looked so hurt... Nightmare couldn't even spare the thought of going after him, he was too afraid, he was terrified he'd hurt someone, the person he cared about most at that... he couldn't move, he just cried.

Cross wasn't doing good either, he refused to get healed and just wanted to cry alone. Lust did his best to comfort Cross and tell him things would be ok, but the thought of being in Nightmare's cozy warm arms again just made him more sad over what happened.

Night couldn't hold his corrupted form with how he was crying, and he felt like his magic was so little that he could pass out at any moment, but he managed to find enough strength to teleport to Cross, who was lying awake staring at the ceiling. Cross jumped when he heard sniffles and a soft thud. Nightmare was passive, he fell on his knees, his legs were shaking too much to stand, he was going to try his best to tell Cross how scared he was and how much he wished he'd not done such a stupid thing.

But his words were broken up by studdering and heavy sobs to the point of nearly being completely impossible to understand. He just wanted to spout every fear he had and he wanted Cross to hurt him, he wanted Cross to never forgive him and walk as far out of reach as possible. That meant he couldn't ever mess up again. Remembering that pained cry and the look Cross gave him he'd never wanted more in his life to just dissapear. If he wasn't near then Cross could be safe... The idea, the knowledge that he even had the ability to hurt Cross was horrifying to him. He'd probably never felt more alone and afraid in his life.

The scene was pathetic, he was trembling, and he only cried harder when he managed to look at Cross. The small oreo got the message, Nightmare was up at two in the morning, weak, trembling, crying hysterically, unable to stand, and hardly able to move, Night couldn't even talk through his tears, but came to try to talk to him anyways. Key word being try.