Chapter 3

"Why the hell does he think his name is Thomas?!" Lydia shrieked. She turned to Danny eyes wide and questioning.

"Why are you looking at me? Why would I have any clue?" Danny threw his hands up dramatically.

"Well you're the one that found him, you've got to know something!"

Danny sighed, "Honestly, I found him by luck. His real name is in the database, as well as the other boys. They said their names were, Newt, Alby, Chuck, right? Those aren't their real names either. I don't know why the people that put them there gave them other names, but I don't think that's the biggest thing we need to worry about right now."

"I agree with Danny. Why don't we discuss the fact that Stiles is trapped in a huge, deadly maze and doesn't even remember his own name!" Allison said almost hysterically.

The pack was quiet, this was too much. Sure they had been through a lot of complicated shit, but this was so far over their heads. Some kind of scientist group kidnapping kids, wiping their memories, and putting them in some giant maze like rats? It's insane. And for what purpose, they couldn't even begin to fathom.

"What are we supposed to do?" Boyd spoke up from his seat beside Erica, "Do you think we should let the Sheriff know?"

They all looked to Derek for the answer. Of course, he was the alpha and he was the one that was supposed to have all the plans, but truth was he had no idea how to get out of this mess. He and Stiles had only been together a short two weeks before he disappeared, and Derek wanted him back more than anything. But rescuing him from a monstrous concrete maze in God know's where seemed just about impossible at the moment.

Derek sighed heavily before he began, "I think it's best that we let his dad know on this one. This is his son that has been missing, and besides he might be able to help find him. As for what we're going to do, Danny do you have another computer you can use?"

Danny nodded.

"Alright good, we'll use one of them to monitor Stiles while we try and find out where he is. Danny you use the other one to try and do as much as you can to pinpoint his location, if you help with anything let one of us know. The Sheriff may have connections in order to help us. I think we should tell Chris too, he might know something as well."

The pack nodded in agreement, they had gotten past the tension with the remaining Argents and had developed a strong truce, they had helped each other out on more than one occasion.

Derek continued, "Erica, Boyd, and Peter, you are going to take first watch of Stiles, if you see anything happening you call me. Scott, I want you to go grab the Sheriff and bring him here, try not to tell him anything until he gets here. Jackson, go with Danny and help him with anything he needs in order to find Stiles. Isaac, you and I are going to talk to Chris. I want everyone back here in half an hour."

The pack gave barely a nod of confirmation before they were off.

---

In the midst of a mountain of paper work, the Sheriff heard a soft knocking on his office door, he mumbled a short "Come in," and was surprised to see Scott enter.

Things had been rough for John over the years, losing his only son wasn't something easily gotten over. His grey-hairs were becoming more prominent and the wrinkles were slowly making their appearance on his face. His age was beginning to show far too early, searching for Stiles had put a lot of stress on him, and their was a short time where he lost it.

He fell back into drinking and had even thought about ending it a few times. Both his son and his wife were gone and he couldn't get them back. It was the thought of Stiles still out there and alive that kept him going. Melissa and Scott had stepped in to take care of him, keeping up his healthy diet for Stiles' sake and taking away the alcohol when they knew he had too much. John was so grateful for what the McCall's had done for him, knowing what a mess he had been in before.