CHAPTER THREE

the cute blonde boy

~•~

"even though she may moo at you from time to time, that doesn't mean she's talking back to you, dwayne."

"you don't know what you're talkin' about! respectfully." dwayne caught himself and smiled at me.

his thick country accent was suddenly taken over by the sound of the pilot announcing our arrival. my nerves shot up as we all hurried off to our designated seats.

"hey jules?"

julie glanced over at me while she buckled herself in. "yeah?" she asked, an eyebrow raised in question.

my leg bounced up and down when suddenly she put her hand on my knee, squeezing it.

"everything will be fine. the coach will be a great coach, our teammates will be great teammates, and we will win this whole thing!"

the thing about julie gaffney is she can always find a way to bring me back to reality. i'm not really sure what i would ever do without her. but do NOT tell her i ever said that. i'd never live it down.

i smiled at her and put in my airpods and shuffled my playlist.

~•~

julie gaffney was wrong.

as us newbies entered the rink our new teammates glared at us and if i could feel their stares, i would have had 4 broken ribs from all the gut punching.

"so tell me about my new kids." i'm assuming our new coach asked tibbles. he pointed over to us. "that's luis mendoza. he's from our miami club. a real speedster! incredible skater."

luis just smirked and threw on his helmet. "i guess he's starting with the best."

i whispered over to jules, "yeah, and if that's true than i guess dwayne's bestfriend is an actual person."

he glared over at us and julie and i just quietly laughed.

"i clocked him at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line."

we all watched as luis skated around and showed off to our new coach. i raised an eyebrow at him but he couldn't see me from all the falling and not stopping he did.

i looked over at the ducks and saw some of them talking about luis, and then one of the blonde guys pushing a ginger guy with glasses down.

i slightly smiled and decided to examine them, until i made eye contact with one of the guys.

he was blonde with blue eyes. when he realized i caught him staring, he blushed and quickly turned his head away.

i smiled and quietly laughed, he was kinda cute. i hope we get to talk sooner or later.

my attention was suddenly taken by julie pulling me towards a fallen luis. i quietly chuckle and skated his way.

we all helped him up and the guys tried boosting his pride up again.

"hey it's alright dude i fall all the time, well actually i don't fall, but that's besides the point!" kenny tried to console him but it didn't look like it was working.