/[Office AU]\

Ship: Katsudeku (Katsuki Bakugou x Izuku Midoryia/Deku)

AU PREMISE: in a world without quirks, All Might and All For One own seperate office buildings; one filled with ex-juvenile delinquents, and the other with UA college graduates.
~~~~~
————————————————————————

The sun sat painfully still in the cyan sky, clouds almost purposefully avoiding blocking its light. Izuku Midoryia was running late to work.

Usually, with the casual office job, this wouldn't matter that much, Izuku mutters under his breath as he presses his foot to the gas pedal. But I work for a VETERAN of UA. If I'm late, I'm not gonna be able to look Mr. Yagi in the eye- he quickly stops his train of thought as he sees the mentioned sky scraper in the distance. God, I hope Kacchan doesn't see I'm late...

Bakugou noticed he was late. He quickly berated the other, slapping the back of his head roughly with his warm, calloused hands. (Not that Izuku was paying attention)
"WHAT THE FUCK, DUMBASS- if boss sees you're late, you're literally fuc-"
"I KNOW! I know... I just- the traffic this morning was just... and my roommate-" The Greenette rambled about his morning, but a calloused hand swiftly met his lips.
"Shut it. I don't actually care. Just get to work." Bakugou growled at the other, eyes flicking to his desk.
"Y-yes, sir."

Midoryia quickly started rhythmically tapping the keys of his computer, timing it almost perfectly with his racing heartbeat. Katsuki hasn't changed a bit since middle school, his thoughts wonder, but... he's never growled at me since today... it was... hot.

He almost throws his hands up in defence on instinct.

W-what...? Kacchan... hot...? But he's my oldest friend, and I don't like... men? He quickly saves his work and springs out of his chair, darting through the hall and to the empty bathroom. He slams the door closed and collapses into the stall, sitting on the closed seat.

"FUCK!" His thoughts and words finally collide as he shoves his hands through his hair, eyes threatening to water. Why do I think he's... of all people HIM? The familiar splotchy red colour tints his cheeks and obscured eye bags.

The faint hum of the pluming, the quiet flickering of the broken lights and the uncontrollable bouncing of Izuku's leg were the only sounds detectable in the room. The blood rushing through his ears and his silent whimpers were only audible to the greenette.

And he hated every bit of it.

Words etched onto Izuku's tongue were painfully alien to him. I like Kacchan, it almost made him throw back his head in disgust. He wished he was home, in bed, with a glass of wine so he could clear his mind properly. But realising something so serious so sudden, and at work?

He felt paralysed. Anyone could barge into his stall at any time, concerned by hearing his quiet whimpers. But alas he throws his head down, covering his ears with his thighs. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP-

The door opens.

To be continued...