Chapter 9: What now?

I laid there in the dark in the cold bed staring out into the empty room. I was only imagining that all of this was just a dream, but it wasn't, this was reality. The past few nights I barely got any sleep, I was tired and restless.

I could hear Ivanka crying in the distance and then heard Louis get out of bed to calm her. I pretended I was sleeping but I was already living a nightmare. I thought back to a few days ago when it all happened.

"I need a nurse right now my girlfriend is pregnant and is currently bleeding!" I heard Louis scream. They put my into a wheel chair and everything was blurry to me. I heard the people around me speaking but my eyes were closed.

They brought me into the emergency room and just as I was opening my eyes they put a sleeping mask around my mouth and I slowly started shutting my eyes again. I woke up with my stomach feeling empty and heard the soft cries of a little child. There she was, baby number one right on my chest.

I started screaming for my other baby and the nurse came in and explained it all.
"Im so sorry to say this but your second baby died in your stomach. Your cords from your stomach wrapped around the head and it choked the poor baby. I am glad to say though that this little girl is healthy as can be. Its a miracle that she pushed through this all."
I sat there with a blank expression. I didn't move or blink, I just sat there. Losing a baby is something nobody wants but why did it happen to me what did I ever do to deserve this.

I was so happy I had Ivanka but losing her twin, her best friend hurt me. Not only that but I felt as if I lost apart of my family, I was absolutely devastated.

So here I am 5 days later still mourning over the news. I got up and went into the bathroom while Louis was holding Ivanka.. I sat on the floor crying wishing my life would be easier.