Chapter 16

*I am ringing the smut bell, this chapter has smut, don't read around your baby cousin.*

Levi

I couldn't stay mad at Eren for long.

Not when I recognized he would never have any ill intent behind planning a birthday party for me, and I saw the abundance of alcohol available. I'll just drink myself into oblivion, maybe then I can ignore/tolerate Hanji and Petra's cackling.

Eren goes off to the kitchen, similarly heading straight for the alcohol as well, and I can't help but let a small smile slip onto my lips when I think about how sweet he is for wanting me to have my own special day, I can let the fact I have to be around the irritating shitfucks I call my friends for the rest of the night slide.

"Birthday boy! How are you feeling?" Hanji's loud voice pulls me out of my thoughts as they sidle up next to me on the couch, beer in hand and a wide grin present on their face. "Eren did a pretty good job huh?"

"Heh, yeah. He really did..." I trial off, once again thinking about how cute Eren is for this, when I realize I'm being soft in front of my friends and they're all giving me looks. No can do, show weakness in front of them and they eat you alive. "Ahem, I mean it's whatever."

"Aht aht! I saw that smile! Aw, Petra, he's so cute. Eren and Levi kissing in a tree, K-I-"

"God I fucking hate you," I grumble as I get up off the couch, it would be best to get as far away from Hanji before they irritate me to the point of violence. News flash: it doesn't take very long.

"Happy birthday, Levi." I turn around to see Armin with an arm wrapped around a wobbly Jeans waist, holding the clearly drunk man up.

"Thanks....is he ok?" I ask after Jean raises his head and gasps like he's been gifted a vision by God.

"Ah, he's just a lightweight-"

"Armin look! It's Santa!"

"Okaaay, lets go lay down," Armin steers them both around and starts to lead them away, calling out over his shoulder one last time. "Enjoy the party, Levi!"

***

Hours filled with music loud enough to get us a noise complaint, Hanji's laughing loud enough to get us a noise complaint, and enough drinking games to give everyone alcohol poisoning, I can reluctantly admit that this birthday party was kind of....fun. It almost hurts to admit that these fuckers actually made for an entertaining night, and I feel sappy as fuck for even suggesting this, but being surrounded by my friends and boyfriend really did make for a special day. Even if I would never say it out loud, my friends truly do mean a lot to me, and even if I would normally despise the thought of being around them mixed with alcohol and way too loud music (I may be an attention whore, but parties are not my thing), tonight has been a good night.

"Heyyy b-day boy," a voice slurs out to me as they slide into the empty couch cushion next to mine, and I glance over to find a tipsy Eren with flushed cheeks and slightly glassy eyes.

"Enjoy your party?" He raises an eyebrow over the beer bottle he lifts to his lips.

"Yeah. I actually really did." I let another rare small smile slip onto my lips (what is this, a fucking daily record?), reaching over and taking Eren's hand in mine to give it a squeeze. "Thank you."

A lazy grin spreads across his face as he places his bottle down on the coffee table, sidling up to me closer until his body is pressed into mine, leaning in to wrap an arm around my neck. "Glad you liked it....but I think it's time for your real gift."