iii

Andrea stayed hidden in Mike's basement during the times that she wasn't at school

Andrea stayed hidden in Mike's basement during the times that she wasn't at school. Mike taught her about the events that had plagued Hawkins a few months before her appearance. He taught her about Will's disappearance as well as Eleven's.

He taught her about the Upside Down. The demogorgons and whatever else from their weird game that managed to become real. Andrea wished that she could say she was surprised, she wished she could say that she didn't believe it at first.

But she did. Anything seemed to be real.

She ended up at school. The day went by slowly due to Jonathan and Nancy not showing up. She had to deal with being thrown around and flaunted by the other members of the school. Billy Hargrove had continuously tried to catch her eye, but she ignored him.

He was yet another man who thought he had all the power. That thought he was truly something when deep down, he was just the same as everybody else. No matter what his attitude told him. No matter what the others told him, he was just as human as everyone.

"How come she's the IT girl?" Andrea ignored the comments as she walked through the school trying to find Steve.

Everyone kept nagging her. All she needed was to find someone that she was familiar with.

"It's not fair! Look how pretty she is, but look at me! I'm so much better," Another girl shrieked.

"Get a grip on yourself honey, conceitedness doesn't gain you extra points. There's a difference between full of yourself and cute," Andrea managed to reply as she cut the corner right by her.

Andrea found Steve leaning against the wall of an empty hallway. She noticed the look on his face and she walked over.

"Did Nancy send you? Oh right, she's not here so she couldn't," Steve found himself huffing out.

A pang hit Andrea's heart, "No one sends me anywhere. I go to whoever or wherever I want."

Silence settled between the two teenagers. Andrea's arms crossed firmly across her chest. The old jeans she wore were washed out, clashing with her red flannel. Her curls mangled up into a bun that looked like it had seen every war.

"You can't let them get into your head," Andrea spoke as she tilted her head, "That's what they want."

"What more can they do to me, Andrea? Huh? I'm not the big guy on the block anymore. You have nothing to fear. Everyone wants you," Steve shot at her.

"Look, I don't care what you say because, Steve, you are clearly upset. Who says you have to be the big guy to be happy, huh? Isn't that the moral of every story? The little guy always wins and he does so with a good heart? I may seem big now but that's because I'm like a shiny new toy, people want what they can't have," Andrea shot back at Steve, hoping she was correct because everything she said just came from pure instinct.