Chapter One

A small groan escaped the male's parted lips, and he looked up to the strange man who held a brown paper bag over his head as if to sheild his identity. All the boy could see were peircing blue through the small holes that allowed his kidnapper to see, and for once in his life the twenty two year old understood real fear as he mumbled, almost not able to find his voice, "What do you want?"

A throaty chuckle sounded from the mysterious man, who was now joined by two others in the same get-ups as him, and the pakistani boy nearly trembled in fear. "What do I want? You know bloody well what I want. I want to get even."

"What the hell did I ever do to you!" The raven-haired boy rose his voice almost immeadiately and he soon yelped after, feeling a seering pain in his right cheek and his head was snapped to the side. He quickly closed his mouth and gulped, biting on his lower lip to prevent tears from escaping. He always believed he was too tough and mysterious to cry, but believe me he wanted to. Oh God, he wanted to. The voices of the men went strangely silent, and the kidnapped male thought back to his mates. How would they react to his disappearance? He was almost positive that they would be torn apart, and what about Louis? His heart nearly stopped right then. Oh, God... Louis. Louis would be taking this the hardest, he just knew it.

As the tallest of the two men advanced towards the defenseless lad on the floor, he narrowed his eyes and spat on his body. "Goodnight, Malik."

Everything went black.

~*~*~

A lump formed in the blue eyed boy as he sat locked in his flat, back pressed against his bedroom door as he heard the boys bickering amongst themselves. It frustrated Louis beyond belief that the boys didn't even notice that there was a split chance that Zayn leaving wasn't his choice at all. Oh who was Louis trying to kid, he knew that Zayn never wanted to leave in the first place. He was content, and living his dream. Why would he leave? And, let's be honest here, the letter that was 'supposedly' from Zayn himself, wasn't even his handwritting. How did the other lad's not even notice that little detail? It was all a mystery to Louis.

With a deep breath, the beautiful blue eyes that belonged to Louis flickered to his bedside table, and he glared angrily. There sat the small slip of paper that the eldest should have burned, but he didn't. Although it was crumbled, and teared a small bit from the tight grip Louis had on it previously. The male's right hand snapped forward and grasped the note, before yanking it back to his being and glaring down at it. This Goddamned note. This Goddamned note was the death of him. He wished this note never appeared in his life, but sadly it did.

"Louis, hurry up!"

"I'm running as fast as I can, Haz." Louis had grumbled and chased after the curly haired lad, as they ran out of the place where they recently had an interview. The interview had run shorter than intended, and all Louis could think about towards the end was Zayn. The raven-haired lad had ran to the restrooms right before they began questioning Niall on a dating rumor, which Lou didn't even pay attention to. He worried about his best friend and would often find himself missing questions and having his bandmate's kindly repeat them. Zayn never returned.

Louis watched as his friend ran excitedly onto their tourbus, followed by a Niall who managed to dart past the oldest member of the band. He was in a daze again, he really had to stop doing that. The brunette shook his head and began to fix his hair, gnawing on his lip and exhaling in distress and he turned his head, his blue eyes staring into a pair of chocolate brown. "Hey, Lou." The soft voice murmured, followed by a small smile.

"Hey, Liam."  Was all that escaped the blue-eyed boys lips. Liam gave him a gentle smile and nudged him a tad, trying to cheer up the clearly upset lad.

"Cheer up, sunshine. Why so down?"

"Zayn."

Liam seemed to understand, simply nodding his head and slinging his arm over his best mate's shoulder, attempting to soothe him. "It's okay, mate! Zayn is perfectly fine, from what I heard, Security told me that after he went to the loo, he headed to the tour bus--"

"Liam!"

"Louis!"

Those two shouts nearly stopped the older males' hearts as they looked at each other with alarmed eyes, biting their lips as their breathes hitched. Something was wrong. Even before the screams, Louis could feel it deep down. The desperate cries from the Irish charm and Chesire sweetheart merely confirmed it. All color drained from Louis' face, and he wasted no time in scambering up the steps to the bus. He didn't even look back to see if Liam was following.

As he skidded to a stop, the first thing he saw was Harry. Tears were streaming down the boy's rosy cheeks and he clutched a note in his hands, his face pale as if he had seen a ghost. Niall, on the other hand, was frozen in his spot. It was almost like he had no idea how to react. The blonde's hair was disheveled, and his ocean blue eyes were wide with his mouth dangling open in horror. That confirmed the Doncaster boy's worries, and he gulped thickly. Was it Zayn? Louis then quickly looked around, before he began to panic himself. Where is Zayn? Zayn!

They didn't notice Liam enter the bus, but he moved stealthily past the stunned twenty-three year old to grab the note from the curly-haired boy's clammy hands. Louis didn't even know if he wanted to look, after Liam's face dropped, and his pained voice whispered, "He's gone."

Flipping the note open, Louis scowled at the handwritting that was far too neat to belong to Zayn. Also, said boy never signed his name. Ever. He always left his notes without a signature, and plus, Zayn would've said bye. Louis knew Zayn. He would've said it face to face. He inwardly groaned and crumbled the note up even more, eyes flashing. This couldn't be happening right now, his best friend can't be gone. It's too early in life to be going through all of this.

And then, that's when realization flashed through his head.

All the signs.

The mysterious note that obviously wasn't from Zayn.

Not getting a phone call.

Zayn didn't quit, like the lads all said.

He didn't leave by choice.

He was captured, and Louis would get to the bottom of it. He wouldn't stop until his friend was safe and sound.

-----------------------------------------

This is more of a beginning to the story, than anything. Tell me if you like it! xxx