Chapter 2: The Parasailing

A night has passed, Knuckles was happily packed for a day of parasailing, though he didn't quite know what to bring. The sun was rising, it was beautiful and warm. Knuckles picked up his back and started his way to Tail's house. 

After awhile of walking, Knuckles meets up with Tails, who has a smaller bag of things. 

"Knuckles you didn't need THAT much, we're not going on vacation!" Tails said, handing his bag to Knuckles.

"I didn't know what we'd need. I haven't gone parasailing before."

They both laugh and walk their merry way over to the pier, the sun happily luminating the water a nice golden orange. There they see a guy standing next to a boat.

"First time, doin' this?"

"Yeah" Knuckles admits, placing the bags onto the boat. Tails jumps onto the boat and they ride off.

A little bit later, they were out to sea, the sky was crystal clear, and morning sun gave a dream-like aura to the air. It was time to try parasailing. Knuckles and Tails are hooked up to the boat, and up they go! Up in the air the lucky pair went, the water bubbling behind the ship. 

"I can see my house from here!" Knuckles says, squinting. Tails laughs as they hover up, down and around. Birds flew by, and even seemed reachable. The calm skies clove the vision, the tranquil water sounding nearby. It was truly a nice time. No conflict, no competition.

A little later, when their time is up, they splash down into the chilly water, and climb their way back to safety.

"That was very nice! Maybe we can do it again!" Tails says, hopping up and down.

"I doubt we'll have time in the near future, but... yeah!"

They walk home once more.