Chapter 11: Prom

Third Person:

Evelyn's dress flowed around her as she walked down the stairs to meet Emmett, Rosalie had helped her with picking out the rose gold dress, it was off the shoulder with a high slit, it waterfalls down her body, she had never felt more beautiful, the way Emmett looked at her made her feel like pure perfection.

Her father stood with Emmett at the bottom of the stairs, "Be safe tonight" he spoke, "kids make lots of dumb decisions on prom night."

They both nodded and made their way out the door, Emmett helped Eve into the car, before rushing to his side. Deep in her heart, she knew tonight would be perfect.

Shortly after leaving the girls house they arrived at the school, it was decorated in a Monte Carlo theme, twinkling light lightly lit the room, velvet red curtains draped the walls, poker tables scattered the room also, some students playing card games, while others danced with their dates or friends.

"So how does this rank in your many high school dances?" Eve joked with Emmet.

"I'm not sure, I'd give it a 7 out of 10, you kids don't dance like we used to back in my day." Old man Emmett replied to his hilarious girlfriend. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to his chest. They swayed back and forth to the music, continuing to joke about their age differences.

"What am I going to do next year without you, what are you doing next year?" Evelyne asked, making light-hearted conversation, they had talked about the future a bit before, but never much in-depth, they spent most of their time together talking about their pasts.

"Well, I was thinking this summer, could we do some travel? You are going to be heading into your senior year. I'll be around next year, I was thinking about taking the year off, helping the family around the house, you know helping you through your senior year." Emmett explained to her. Her heart would've fluttered had it been beating.

"What would my father say? Are you whisking me away this summer? I will follow you forever." She said, with no hesitation to her words. Her eyes fluttered up to meet him, something felt so right to her about the moment that they were in. His eyes met hers and dipped his head into a kiss.

They continued to live constantly in the moment that they were in, their life at peace for once.

~>And that my friends is the end of part 1, I can't give an exact time of when part 2 will start, I am trying to figure out how to include Eve in the storyline of the Cullens leaving. Let me know what you would like to see/read in the next part of the book.<~