Chapter Eleven - Katooni VS Mordred

As Katooni and Mordred locked eyes with one another, Katooni readied her Lightsaber and assumed the opening stance of Soresu. Mordred simply smiled as he readied his Double Bladed Spear. After a moment of tense silence, Mordred lunged at Katooni and began swinging his spear at her, but she blocks the attacks with relative ease. As the two pace around one another, Katooni begins to recall how he fought during the Vytal Festival. 

Mordred: I hope you don't plan on holding back, Katooni. 

Katooni recalled hearing similar words during their match at the Vytal Festival. However, those words had a darker meaning to it. 

Mordred: Tell me, Katooni. Do you really think you can stop Darth Jadus? 

Katooni: I won't know unless I try. 

Mordred: Then show me the limits of your resolve. 

Mordred once more lunged at Katooni and unleashed a barrage of lightning fast attacks on her, but Katooni was able to parry the attacks. She followed up with a swift kick to the gut, but Mordred was able to quickly recover. Katooni then shoots out a blast of Force Judgement on Mordred, but Mordred deflects it with his Spear. 

Mordred: You disappoint me, Katooni. Your friends hold you in such high regard. Just what would they think if they saw you fight like that?

Katooni ignored Mordred's taunts as she kept her composure. Mordred smirks as he activates the Dust Crystals in his spear, igniting black flames in the blades of his spear. At that point, the duel intensified as Katooni maintained a strong defense. As Mordred pressed the attack, Katooni was completely taken aback by how Mordred was fighting. It was unlike the fight at the Vytal Festival. Wanting to put some distance between them, Katooni used the Force to push him away. She then uses the Force to throw pieces of the ground at Mordred, but he blocks them with his spear. During the intense fight, Mordred's pale eyes turned red and black flame-like markings began to appear across his body. Katooni was in shock.

Mordred: It's been awhile since I've last used my Semblance. Now then, let the real fight begin.

As Mordred lunged at Katooni, the young Jedi quickly noticed Mordred's strength doubling. His speed and strength were on the levels of a Jedi Knight. All Katooni could do was block his attacks. The flames on Mordred's spear died down as he strikes Katooni under the chin with the hilt of his spear. Disoriented, Katooni was unable to put up a defense as Mordred thrusts his spear into Katooni's abdomen. Katooni felt a sharp pain in her abdomen as she coughed blood. Mordred then pulled the spear out of Katooni as she fell to her knees. As she collapsed, Mordred deactivated his Semblance and knelt towards the wounded Katooni as she bled on the ground. 

Mordred: Let's set the record straight. Doing this brings me no joy. In fact, it brings me great sorrow. 

Katooni: M...Mordred....

Mordred: I must confess, Katooni. I am quite fond of you. Had things been different, perhaps we would've been friends. Perhaps even more. But alas, this is how it is. 

Katooni tried to summon the strength to get up, but the pain of her wounds were too great. Katooni then reached for her Lightsaber, but Mordred grabs it. 

Mordred: I know where the others are, Katooni. They will have already encountered that madman Tyrian Callows. I have no doubt they beat him. It's a shame they must hear the unfortunate news of what has happened to you. 

As Mordred looked upon the wounded Katooni, Mordred's eyes expressed no emotion while Katooni's eyes began to tear up. He simply lets out a sigh. 

Mordred: I won't kill them right away. I'll join them on their mission for now. I'll follow them as they search for Cinder Fall. Once we find her, I will fight alongside them. But in the last moment, Ruby Rose will take her last breath. 

Hearing that deeply shocked and horrified Katooni. What made things worse was that Katooni was unable to do anything about it. 

Katooni: Ruby.....no......

Mordred showed no compassion or mercy. Mordred then looked upon Katooni's Lightsaber with great interest. He was deeply interested in the design of Katooni's Lightsaber.

Mordred: Such an elegant weapon for an uncivilized time. I'm sure this will be sufficient evidence of your unfortunate demise. They'll be devastated for sure, but I have no doubt they will press on. 

At that point, Katooni grabbed Mordred's arm in an attempt to reclaim her Lightsaber. She was unable to summon the strength to retrieve it. Mordred simply yanks back his arm and hooks Katooni's Lightsaber in his belt. Mordred then gets up and begins walking away from Katooni as she continues to bleed from her injuries. Before he left, Mordred turned his attention to Katooni. 

Mordred: Goodbye, Katooni. It's been emotional.

With that, Mordred walked away with Katooni's Lightsaber. Katooni was left alone, bleeding profusely from her injuries. Katooni slowly began to lose consciousness as she clutched to her wound. Mordred had dealt a mortal blow to Katooni. Now Mordred would make his way to where Team RNJR was and infiltrate them. As for Katooni, the wounds she suffered were great and her fate was uncertain. In that moment, it felt as if it was the end as Katooni slowly lost consciousness. All Katooni could do at this very moment was to put her trust in the Force.