Chapter 9: A world without Hope (Part 1)

(Hope's Point of view)

After seeing the stranger who still wouldn't tell me his name, I spent the next couple of weeks just trying to get through the day, I continued to have visions of what I suppose was the universe trying to help me find my true love. Lizzie still had a problem trusting me.

"Okay, so number one or number two?" I said to Dorian as he looked over. "I'd say number two." He said.

I saw the stranger talking to a group of kids but i felt myself moving towards him. "Okay, why wont you tell me your name?" I said as he turned to look at me. "Hope, hello, Jed here was just telling me your name." He said. I crossed my arms and looked at him. "Oh, did you want my name?" He said. "You know what I don't even care." I walked away and bumped into Josie. "I'm sorry, Josie." I said as she nodded her head and made her way over to her sister. "Hope, wait, I'm sorry, My name is Kevin Hall. I shook his hand and nodded as I walked to my room.

I stayed in my room all day because feeling good for some reason, I looked on my computer for information about Kevin Hall because I knew I had seen him from somewhere but I couldn't figure it out. I heard a noise coming from outside my door so I put my computer on the desk and opened my door but nothing was there. I turned around and felt a kick my gut before I could even hit the floor I found myself floating as if it was magic and then there was nothing.

(Josie's Point of view)

I saw Hope staring at the new guy who I had seen a week prior he smirked at her and waved, I didn't know why but I felt like I had seen him from somewhere but I didn't know where, weeks went by normally as they could possibly be, I was still having the visions but Penelope kept assuring me they wouldn't be harmless though I didn't quite agree with her.

My alarm woke me up and I saw Lizzie trying on the early Christmas present Mg had gotten her. "Its perfect." I heard Lizzie say. I got dressed and made my way outside and I saw Hope walking over to Kevin Hall, Whose name I found out from my father. "What is it about him?" I said to Penelope. "What do you mean, Jos?" She said. I stood up and looked at Hope, "I know I've seen him from somewhere, he seems so familiar." I turned around and told Penelope I'd talk to her later. My books wouldn't fit in too my bag and before I knew it Hope ran into me. "I'm sorry, Josie." She said. I nodded and continued to walk.

I followed Kevin to find out what he was up to but it was mostly normal stuff though he did do magic i could only dream of doing. "Why are you following me?" He said. I looked nervously as I could smell the axe he was wearing on his leather jacket. "I'm not." He looked at me for a moment and went into his room.

That night I laid on my bed thinking about everything that's happened so far, the only person I've told is Penelope which is weird because I always tell Lizzie everything. I turned over to notice Lizzie wasn't in her bed. I went out of my room and walked down the hall. I heard a noise and followed it to see Hope in her doorway. 

I looked ahead at what looked like a mask figure walking up to Hope. "Hey, stop." I yelled as i ran hoping to catch him. A bright light appeared and Hope was gone. I turned around as the mask figure stared at me. "What did you do?" I said. "It's a world without Hope, I'm going to burn this school down until there is no hope left." Chills went down my spine as the masked figure disappeared , I looked into Hope's room who wasn't there.

"Josie, What have you done?" I could hear a familiar voice and I looked up to find Penelope looking at me and I realized I was siphoning power.

(TO BE CONTINUED)