Chap 1- the meet

You, 16 years of age, are on a long drive to your mom's job on the seaquest. You do not want to go at all!
"You know y/n, they have a talking dolphin..."
"Mom! I am not 5 you don't have to try and convince me to be excited because the seaquest has a "talking dolphin". Ok I am not going to like it here and there is nothing you can say that will make me.", you interrupt your mom.
Your mom just sighs and continues to drive. You look out your window and see a sign that says "3 miles ahead to the beach." You roll your eyes and put your earbuds in. "Rosalyn" by Bon Iver comes on and you fall asleep.
              The next thing you know is your mom waking you up with the sun shining right into your eyes.
       "Y/n! Come on we have to make it to the submarine in time for lunch!"
             Your mom drags you out of the car and goes on and on about how great the seaquest actually is.
           "OOO! And they have kids your age there y/n! Like Lucas he's a computer genius. He is in charge of  all the tech stuff and I think you two will get along great!"
          "So he is a IT guy? Mom come on you know me I don't like tech stuff. It's to wordy and complicated it just stresses me out."
       "Well y/n you don't have to do his work but talk to him. Or pretend to listen. Just be nice. Please y/n this means a lot to me that they like you here. I talk so fondly of you and I cannot look like a liar." You start to feel kind of bad so you just nod you head and agree.
        So you get to the submarine and just sit in the back watching the fish and dolphins. Your mom is sitting quietly across from you. You look up and see her hands are fidgety. You get up and sit down next to your mom. You grab her hand and give her that look of assurance that everything will be ok. Then you feel a bump. You landed at the seaquest. You and your mom both step onto the seaquest surface. You see Captain Bridger waiting for you at the end of the hall.
         "Ah! Lydia welcome aboard again. And this must be your daughter y/n! Well welcome aboard to you too. I'm sorry to put you right to work Commander, but we need you. They leave without saying a word. You put ur finger up about to say something but they are gone. So you just decide to wander around. You find yourself down the Bridge. Touching the walls and leaning on the wall. You look through the doors as you pass by them. First the supply room, boring. Then a bedroom, just a bed and nightstand, again boring. Then you pass by a small room towards the middle of the bridge. It has a computer and a window directly to the ocean. You look around to see if anyone is watching. When you see they are not you go into this room. You walk around and look around the room. Then you come across a computer with a glove. You touch the computer and it turns on with a multi colored screen that fades in and out. 
          "Woah." You sit down and stare at the screen for about a minute or two. Then you hear a voice from behind you.
       "Are you lost?" You turn around and there he was. His blonde fluffy hair, big blue eyes, a red turtle neck with a black vest and jeans.
    "Uh no s- sorry is this your room?"
    "Yeah but it's ok go ahead play with the computer. Here is a cool trick." He comes up behind you, reaches over you to the keyboard and types in some code and the entire computer turns off and fireworks show up on the screen.
     "Woah! How did u do that with a few keys?"
      "Well it's simple really you have to learn codes and then you memorize them and they stick in your brain you know?" Your brain practically crashes at the thought of memorizing thousands of codes. You swirl the chair around to face him.
   "So mystery computer boy what's your name?"
   "Lucas Wolenczak. I'm the chief computer analyst here on the seaquest." Your heart stopped. You thought "the Lucas my mom was talking about? He isn't at all what I expected. He is... really cute."