Chapter 2- Lucas

Part 2...

"And mystery girl sitting at my computer what is your name?" Lucas says with a soft smile
" Y/n , I'm y/n!" you say with a chuckle
"Uh so Lucas can you show me around?"
"I thought you weren't lost" Lucas says in a flirting way
"Well actually I am... very lost. My mom recently started serving here and she wanted me to meet Captain Bridger and everyone here on board. I started wandering and... now I'm here."
"Oh well this is my bedroom and this..." Lucas turns you around towards the big window
"...is Darwin." You see Darwin at the window with a big fish hanging out of his mouth. You walk to the window and put your hand up to the glass.
"You know, you can pet him." You turn around and look at Lucas with a confused look on your face. He motions Darwin to the front of the seaquest and walks you up there. Lucas takes you to a big tank filled with water. Here comes Darwin.
"One second" Lucas says while he grabs the yellow corder. He comes back and hands it to you.
"Say something!"
You grab the corder and click the button. You look back up at Lucas one more time and he gives you that nod of assurance.
"Darwin can you hear me?"
" Yes. Darwin hear you" Darwin whistles to you.
" W- what! He heard me? Come on Lucas stop playing he can't talk. I- It's impossible, right?" You start to question if your mom was actually telling the truth or not. I mean a talking dolphin sounds crazy to you.
"Technically no he can't talk. Not without this mammal v-corder anyway. What happens is it takes the vibrations and sound waves and translates them into English. It is not always exact but for a dolphin I'd say it's pretty close." Lucas tries to explain it to you but you are still in shock.
"How do you know so much about this mammal v-corder huh?" "No way this boy made a animal talk"you thought to yourself.
"Well I designed and manufactured the V- corder. It took me years to make it work but I managed to pull through and finished it. So I guess I should know just a little about it." He chuckled.
"Can I ask something else?"
"Ask him anything!" Lucas sat down at the edge of the tank
"Darwin, what number can you count too?"
"Darwin count to 20."
"NO WAY! This is incredible Lucas! And you're 16? I'm 16 as well and I cannot do this." You lean on the tank with Lucas. You look directly into Lucas's bright blue eyes that twinkled like the moon shines on the sea at night.
"You know, there is a party that I am going to later tonight with a few friends of mine. I was wondering, since you are new and I have a feeling you will come here a lot, would you like to go?" You feel your cheeks get rosy and warm. Your stomach turns inside out. You feel so weird. You heart got all warm. You look softly into his eyes. You smile but you are trying to hold it in. You want to say yes but then you remember your mom wants you to be nice and like the seaquest. Not go to a party and fall in love with a boy. So instead you say,
"I would love to. It sounds really fun but I have to ask my mom." you look up at Lucas and he just smirks slightly. Again those eyes hit you and you are stuck with that feeling of tender and warmth in your heart.
"Speaking of my mom. Do u have any idea of where she might be?" Lucas grabs your hand and says
"Come on I will take you to her I think I have a Idea" you and Lucas walk to the back room and find your mom and Captain Bridger talking to a chief commander. She turns around in a chair and she seems shocked.
"Y/n! There you are! Sir this is y/n, my daughter. I see you met Lucas!" She says surprisingly happy and relieved.
"I did! Uhm hey can I ask you something?" You said anxiously.
"Sure! What is it honey?"
You look behind her to see Captain and Commander Ford staring at you.
"Uhm... possibly outside the room?" You ask
"Oh yes of course! Oh wait!" She turns around, solutes and asks
"Permission to leave sir?" She was obviously trying to make a good impression and was nervous but Captain Bridger was very very chill.
"Lydia relax. Any other day I would expect this but you have your daughter here. Permission granted" he chuckles
Lydia sighs and goes outside with you and Lucas.
"So Lucas just invited me to a party that his friends are having later tonight. Can I go?" Your heart pounding. Your mother was very strict about parties and hang outs. You usually weren't interested in parties. You thought they were just another excuse for kids to feel like drunken adults. But this party... you really wanted to go.
"Sure! By all means go have fun! You can ride with Lucas on the Stinger. I'm sure you can fit 2 people." She was actually encouraging. Oh wow! Your mom must be serious about this place. You were about to ask why she is being so cool about this, but you weren't gonna risk her changing her mind.
"THANK YOU!" You squeal and hug her. U realize u were very obvious so you stop the hug and just say a calm "thanks mom". "I fixed it!" You thought. You clear your throat.
"So, Lucas, anything else u want to show me?"
"I can show u the stinger!" He says enthusiastically. Your mother has always told you about the sting ray transportation they have so you were very curious to see what it looks like.
"Lead the way computer boy!"
Lucas smiles and starts to walk that way.

—————————————————————————SORRY I AM FINALLY BACK! I forgot about this story but I am finally back to continue it. Here is a long chapter. Almost 1100 words. Longer than I've ever done. Anyways I hope this is just as good as the first part!