Chapter 6

I froze at Connors words. Sister. Connor and Carter are my my brothers? Glancing over at Dax, I saw his expression matched my own. Shock, anger, and fear. We were afraid. These two boys are our brothers, the people who are taking us home to our father. The people whom we will have to live with for at least the next three years. While Dax may not admit it, I will. I want their love, I want their approval. I desperately crave for us to be a real family. So seeing the two people who claim to be my brothers rolling around on the ground punching each other, was not exactly how I wanted this to go.    

"What the hell are you talking about man?" Carter yelled as he dodged a punch.

"Those are the twins man! Our younger brother and sister! Dad told me what their names were on the pho-" Connor said as he sat on top of Carter, pinning him down, only to be interrupted by Carter head-butting him.

"Oww what the heck man?!" Connor whined out in pain. As they continued to wrestle I glanced over at Dax and winced at the gleam in his eyes.

"No."

But Bri..

No-o Dax. Not again."

"Come on," Dax whined to me, his hands folded as he begged. "I haven't fought in forever. Pleasseeee. I promise to go easy on them."

When he gave me the puppy dog eyes all I could do was sigh and say, "Fine, but you need to break up the fight."

His face lit up at my words and he kissed me gently on the cheek before jumping into the fray. The three rolled across the floor punching and kicking. I backed away, tugging Dax and I's bags out of the range of their destruction.

As they knocked over tables and chairs, I watched as waitresses began to usher customers out. A lanky man with a name tag that said he was the manager rushed over red in the face.

"What is the meaning of this?" His yell went unnoticed by boys while I jumped at the sudden sound directed toward me.

"T-they are j-ust play-ying?" Despite trying to sound confident, my response was anything but.

"Yeah and I'm the president!" I didn't know what to say to that as, with his attitude, there is nothing I can do to change his mind or calm him down. His eyes harden at the simple shrug I give him in response.

"Get the hell out of my cafe!" His veiny finger pointed toward the exit as he yelled.

"Y-you should t-tell them tha-t," I said shocked that I used such a snarky tone with an adult. Wincing at the cruel gleam in his eye I backed away and proceeded to stand just outside the exit doors as I watched him yell at the three oblivious boys.

Soon airport security guards arrived and pulled the boys off each other. All was fine as the guards told the boys that they were banned from the airport until further notice, until Carter opened his big fat mouth. He told the guard holding him that and I quote, "If your wife ever gets sick of that ugly face of yours make sure to tell her to drop by, I'll show her what it's like to lay with a real man." Let's just say that after that they were ushered into some police cars, in handcuffs.

I overheard a cop mention locking them in a holding cell down at some station and I knew I had to do something. So I approached the cop who was entering into the driver's seat of the car that held Carter and Dax.

"E-excuse me s-sir?"

He turned and smiled gently at me and asked, "What can I do for you Ma'am? "

"U-umm tho-ose are my b-b-brothers in-n there."

He glanced at the boys and slowly said, "Alright why don't you come down to the station with us and you can call your parents to come deal with these troublemakers."

At first I wanted to correct him, I wanted to say I had no parents Not that I don't, I love my mother but yIm so used to lying about her existence and her in general. Now though I have a father. "T-thank you-ou."

We both entered our respective seats in the front. I stiffly sat there, trying not to move or touch anything. Luckily both Carter and Dax kept their mouths shut.
———————————-Daxton—————————
We were ushered out of the cars at the same time. Each of us boys had a burly cop griping our arms while Bri was gently led with a hand lightly pressed on the small of her back. Briella waited by the door to the station, as we each passed she gave one of our cuffed hands a squeeze. The motion was both a show of love and a warning. I did notice that when Connor walked by his hand slipped into Bris pocket as he whispered something in her ear. Both Carter and I gave Connor a questioning look but knew better than to say anything.

The hour went by in slow motion. First there was paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork. We each had to tell our side of the story, we all explained what happened honestly, even Carter. Luckily after all that drama they uncuffed us and walked us to a holding cell.

"You troublemakers will be able to leave once someone pays your bail, a whopping five hundred for each of you," The officer said as he opened the door to the holding cell.

We trailed in single file, all of us facing the door as it shut with a click.         

"You have got to be kidding me!" Carter yelled causing me and Conner to turn and see the two other boys in this cramped room. Connor sighed at the sight of them while I stared blankly, unsure of who they are or why Connor and Carter seem to hate them.

"Hello Mikhail and Nicholai," Connor snarled out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Briella~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My hands trembled as I held Connors sleek iPhone 11. An officer just told me that I just had to pay the bail and they could leave. The only problem with that was I ran out of cash at the airport and Dax has our credit card. With that option out the window I'm left to follow Connors instructions. "Call Elijah," that's all he told me when he slipped his phone into my pocket. Now I sat staring at Elijahs contact, mentally debating whether to call. After a few minutes of debating I come to the conclusion that I have too. Shakily I press the call button and hold it to my ear as it rings.

Finally this so-called Elijah answers and yells out, "What do you want Con? I told you I've got a tournament today and I don't have time to do your chemistry homework."

As he talks I hear the blaring of gunshots and explosions.

I sighed, listening to some clicking sounds before the noise stopped, most likely because he paused or muted the game.

"Well man? I don't have all day."

"Umm C-Connor isnt hear-r right n-now," I stutter out, nervous to be talking to a complete stranger over my new brother's phone.

"Who the heck are you?" He yelled out surprised by my soft stuttering voice compared to Connors energetic one.

"I-I'm Bri-Briella."

There was a pause before this Elijah said slowly, "Afraid that doesn't ring any bells, stutter girl."

"O-oh im s-sor-"

"Look, just put Connor and Carter on the phone, I don't have time for this." At this I froze, not knowing what to say.

"Ummconnorandcarterareinjail," I blurted out in a rush.

"Whoa girlzy say that again a bit slower."

Taking a breath I slowly said, "Connor-r and C-Carter are in ja-ail." There was silence after this then out of nowhere a wheezing sound began. It has a gasping, high pitched laugh that blared out over the phone. It was a ridiculous sound that at first had me thinking this Elijah was dying till I realized it was just his laugh, his very odd laugh.

This went on for a few minutes as he muttered, "Oh my god," and, "You have got to be kidding me," over and over in between laughs.

Once he calmed down he said, "Hang on," and then I heard a muttered curse as Elijah set the phone down and dropped something with a loud thud.

Then his voice called out with a loud yell, "Weston, Declan, get your lazy asses in here!"