Chapter 7

I layed back on one of the two benches in the cramped room as the four idiots in the room continued their awkward stare down. Since Conner's outburst, the room has been so silent I swear I can hear crickets chirping. Glancing over at the two boys sitting on the other bench across from me I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. The two were pretty big, both of them were tall, tan, and covered in muscle. The larger of the two was covered in tattoos and had piercing gray eyes that seemed to be staring into my soul. The shorter one had a cocky smirk that was the same if not worse than Carters. With their similarities, I would guess they are siblings.

As I stared at them I watched both the boys' attention flicker to me instead of the twins. "Sup, I'm Daxton. "

At my words, the smaller boy's smile grew before he said, "Hey man, the names Nicholai like Connor." Nodding at his words I watched as Nicholai elbowed the larger boy.

"Mikhail," He bluntly stated.

Carter then coughed out the word, "Bitch," after listening to our conversation. He leaned against the wall by the door as Connor stood next to him, arms crossed.

"Yeah that's exactly what you are, thanks for introducing yourself to my pal Dax over here,"Nicholai said with a cocky smirk as Carter left his face.

"He. Is. Not. Your. Pal," Connor stiffly responded. I chuckled at all of their faces, their expressions so ridiculous it was all I could do not to flat out laugh. Mikhail had a small smile grace his face as we exchanged glances, both inwardly cracking up at how ridiculous this situation was.

Soon all of the boys' glares turned to Mikhail and me. I just shrugged and went back to laying down. We fell into awkward silence while Carter's face turned beet red as he wanted to respond to Nicholais taunt but luckily knew not to say anything as it would only lead to violence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Briella~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then his voice called out with a loud yell, "Weston, Declan, get your lazy asses in here!"

Following his yell, footsteps sounded as someone ran toward Elijah, though the sound was faint over the phone.

"What the heck do you want Eli?" A deep voice called out.

"Oh man, you will never guess what happened."

"What?"

There was a pause as Elijah started laughing again. He began to wheeze out his answer slowly, "Connor and Carter got arrested."

Silence followed before a cold voice, a new voice slowly said, " What do you mean arrested?"

"Look Dec, I honestly don't know! Some chic called me from Connor's phone saying they are in jail."Elijah rapidly spoke to the two boys who I'm assuming are Weston and Declan.

Muttered voices followed along with some thumps and bangs signaling a struggle. Panting followed as someone new spoke loudly into the phone. "This is Weston. Who the hell are you?"

The harsh tone caused me to jolt in my stiff plastic chair.

"B-Bri Briella-a."

Silence followed before the other voice on the call, Declan I think, softly asked, "Briella as in Briella Adams?"

"Y-yes." Sniffling I held back my unshed tears as best as I could, unwilling to cry alone in this crowded police station.

"Okay Honey, I need you to tell us what is happening," Weston said in a much gentler tone compared to a few seconds ago.

"C-Connor found-d out th-that we are h-his sibli-ings and be-began t-to beat-t up C-cart-ter for hit-titing on me-e and they got-t arrest-sted cause Cart-ter open-ned his big f-fat mouth and n-now m al-all alon-ne at thi-is stat-tion and I-I don't h-have mon-ney to p-pay the ba-ail and-"