一 | i

07:30 // Monday Morning

UA // Class 1-A

You took in a deep breath and remembered what your foster sister told you to do on your first day at UA.

"Making friends is easy (Name)-chan! Just say 'hello!'  and smile really brightly and wave really, really big! — like this!" You giggled at her silly reaction. Her moves were always over exaggerated whenever she demonstrated them to you. She loved making you smile and laugh and took great pride in doing so.

You smiled fondly on that memory of her from this morning. She always knew what to do. She has been your onee-chan for the past seven years and has helped you overcome the majority of your fears. You couldn't ask for a better onee-chan or foster family.

"You got this! I'm not your big sister for nothin', ya' know!" She clapped happily at her own words after wagging her pointer finger just like a scolding mother would to her bratty child. She loved being a big sister since she was an only child for the majority of her life. Now? She was the happiest big sister alive!

Even if you were away from your brother for long periods at a time, she was always there.

You slide open the door to the 1-A classroom and see a total shipwreck of what onee-chan called, 'friendly cheer on the first day of the UA year!' This was going to be a disaster, you didn't need to use Nighteye-senpai's quirk to see it going downhill quickly.

An angry blond boy was yelling back and forth with a karate-chop fanatic with blue hair and glasses. A kid with bushy green hair and a tomato-red face trying to talk to a brunette girl with rosy cheeks while shaking (in fear? excitement?) and who was frequently glancing at the shouting match across the room. There was a girl with short dark hair listening to music and bobbing her head to whatever she was listening to. And finally, you noticed a classmate with purple balls for hair who had the same stature as some of the elementary school children you passed on your way here.

That was when you spaced out, easily losing track of everything that was happening around you.

'What would a banana slug do in a situation like this?'

It was a common side effect (result?) of the harsh training you received when you and your brother were forcibly taken in by the Hero Commission and pushed to limits that barely any child could withstand.

'Why are banana slugs not shaped like actual bananas?'

You, of course, were not one of those children. After four grueling years, they cut you from their program and refused to let you see your precious onii-chan for the next six. 

'Should banana slugs be considered cannibals if they eat bananas?'

Of course, you decided to continue to fight and become a hero since they had deemed you unworthy, taken your only family from you, and you desperately wanted to put an end to that bastardly program.

'If I eat a banana slug, would it taste like a banana?'

When you blinked, you realized that you now had your knee on the back of Angry Blond Boy, who was shouting profanities and yelling at you, his arms held back by your hands in a restraint position, and you were looking up at the ceiling. Your brain was still a little foggy from your disassociative episode, but you caught on to words and phrases like:

"Just because we tied for first-!"
"-shithead-!"
"Fight me, bitch!"
"-off of me!"

Oh.