"The only one..."

??? POV
My first year in Teiko was one of the most treasured times in my life. I met many guys that soon became my friends and comrades in the one thing we ALL shared a passion in...

Basketball

We won our first championship as a TEAM and everything was perfect. But things started changing in our third year, WE started changing...

Our skills got better and our lights shone brighter, MY light shone brighter...
But little did I know, THAT would be my downfall...

Kise started being more controlling and domineering. He started abusing his powers as captain and didn't bat an eye when some of the first stringers missed practice.

Akashi started devoting less and less time towards basketball and instead payed more attention to his modelling career.

Midorima started skipping practice more and more and became even more lazy. I found him eating his 'troubles' away whenever I saw him.

Murasakibara still attended practice but he became distant from the rest of us. He improved his 3 pointers every day but he didn't look like he was enjoying it.

Aomine was becoming more emotionless by the day and I could almost sense him drifting away. He looked almost lost and he started questioning his love for the game.

As for me, I also started skipping more practices. I started believing that my light shone brighter than the rest, and that I no longer needed to try in order to beat my opponent. I still remember when I said those words to my shadow...

"The only one who can beat me, is me..." - Kuroko Tetsuya

Tbc