Chapter Thirteen

About forty five minutes went by before Derek heard Stiles heartbeat raise ever so slightly, the boy turning his head the smallest bit.

"Der?" He mumbled out, his eyes half shut in a tired stupor. Derek sat up more, grabbing Stiles' hand with both hands.

"Hey Stiles," Derek said softly, watching as he turned his head to the direction of his voice. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been drained of all life." Stiles complained, a small whine at the back of his voice, making Derek chuckle weakly. "When can we go home?"
Derek's heart skipped a beat as he heard the boy called his loft home, hoping he wasn't too aware of the reaction. "You need to get a little more blood, and then we can go home, alright buddy?"

"Mmhmm," Stiles muttered, his head turning back up to the ceiling as he closed his eyes. "Did you see my goal today?"

"I did," Derek smiled, his teeth showing as he knew the boy was gaining more energy. "That was pretty great, it's like they had no idea where you were going."

"That's because," Stiles took a pause between each word, still not fully awake. "I tricked them. Did you know foxes are tricksters, Der?" He asked dopily, making Derek laugh at the way he asked the question.

"I heard about that." Derek said, pressing his lips to Stiles' knuckles softly. "Why don't you try to sleep until we can leave?"

"That sounds good." Stiles breathed out, his eyes already closing as he passed out once again, Derek smiling softly at his actions.

It took another forty five minutes before Deaton decided that the bag was empty enough, removing the needle from the crook of Stiles' arm and putting a small bandage on it, instructing on what Derek should do for Stiles in the next few days. Derek nodded, storing the instructions in the back of his mind as he carefully picked up Stiles, not wanting to wake him up from his peaceful state.

He laid him in the back of his car, closing the door and pulling out his phone to text the pack that Stiles was fine and he just needed some rest, before closing it and turning on the car and beginning the drive back to his home.

"Derek?" A soft voice came from the back of the car, making Derek look back up in the rearview mirror.

"We're on our way home." Derek said, driving thirty miles under the speed limit, not wanting to jostle the boy too much. "Deaton said you can shift into your fox form, if you want." He saw Stiles shake his head, rolling onto his back.

"I wanna cuddle." Stiles said, Derek finding his sleepy voice adorable, although he would never admit that to anyone (especially not Isaac, the boy was seriously all over him with questions about him and Stiles!).

"We can when we get home, we're almost there." Derek said, turning down the road that housed his apartment building. He heard Stiles huff but remain quiet as they pulled into the parking lot.

"I can walk, y'know." Stiles mumbled as Derek picked him up bridal style, although he pressed his head against Derek's chest, one hand wrapped lazily around Derek's shoulders.

"I know," Derek said, a smug smile on his face. "But I also know you love being carried." He heard Stiles mutter something incoherently, not bothering to attempt at what he said as he pushed the door open with his foot, heading straight up to their room.

He laid Stiles on the bed, the boy still half asleep, but Derek insisted on getting him into more comfortable clothes, changing him out of his lacrosse uniform and into a pair of Derek's sweatpants that hung off of him and a big sweatshirt that you could tell belonged to Derek.

Stiles turned on his side as Derek laid down on his side of the bed, his eyes finally open and looking more awake now. "Thank you Derek." He said, leaning past the pillow in the middle of the bed so he could stare into Derek's eyes so the older man knew that he was serious.

Stiles was suddenly aware of how close together they were, Derek's breath fanning over his face as he looked at the alpha's lips before his eyes travelled back up to his eyes that held a smug and passionate look.

Stiles practically gasped as Derek leaned forward, their lips meeting in a soft kiss that grew more passionate as Stiles' hands crawled around Derek's neck, resting on the back of his shoulders, Derek's hands finding their way up to Stiles' hair to run through the soft locks as their lips locked.

Stiles pulled away after a few moments, looking at Derek, slightly worried that the kiss was not reciprocated enough by the other, but Derek's smile reassured him that the kiss meant just as much as it did to the werewolf as it did to him.

"I like you, Derek." Stiles mumbled, lying down next to Derek, his arms wrapping around the other's waist, head resting on his chest. Derek chuckled, moving farther down the bed and wrapping one arm around Stiles' back.

"I'm glad." Derek said, drawing small circles up and down Stiles' curved back as he curled into Derek's side. "Goodnight, Stiles."

"Goodnight, DEr."