Defeat

As Liu and Johnny made their way to where Sonya waited. "Well, even I have to admit your fight was good."

"Wow, you're actually complimenting me?" Johnny said, amusing. "What a surprise."

Sonya scowled, but before a fight could break out, she was summoned to the arena. "Good luck Sonya." Liu said, assuring.

"Thanks Liu." She said, patting him on the back as she made her way to the arena.

"Good luck." Johnny said, but it was too late Sonya was gone. "I hope she'll be ok."

"Don't worry." Liu said, confidently. "She's a tough woman, she'll be ok."

"I hope you're right…."

As Sonya stepped into the arena, she waited for her opponent, she expected it to be another fighter she did not know, however she was just surprised and angry at who she saw emerged from the shadows: Kano.

Kano smiled as he walked out to the stoned steps and pushed his lips together to make a kiss. "Hello baby. Did you miss me?" He said, mockingly.

Sonya gritted her teeth and watched as Kano stepped into the arena. Kano removed a butterfly knife from his pocket and took it out. "Ooh." He said, waving it. "Now look at this. This little baby brings back memories now doesn't it?"

"What, you used it to knife your own mother in the back?" said Sonya, angrily.

Kano chuckled. "No, but it put a big smile on your partner though, Ear" Kano started to take the knife and circle it around his chin. "To Ear." Kano had knifed Jack's chin after he had ripped out his heart. Chuckling, Kano swung the knife at Sonya, who ducked and back-lipped to avoid a second swipe.

Sonya concentrated her energy into her arm and when she gathered enough, she let loose three pink rings of energy; which struck the Black Dragon leader and caused him to stagger back. Growling, he then took the knife he was holding and threw it at Sonya, who ducked out of harms way. Taking this moment, Sonya ran at Kano and threw both fists at the Black Dragon leader, Kano blocked and countered by placing both hands together and punching Sonya in the chest. Recovering from the blow, Sonya tried again, only to get thrown to the side.

"Poor little Sonya." Kano said, mockingly. "All alone, not a friend in the world."

Sonya got to her feet and as she jumped into the air and swung her foot out at Kano, who tilted his body back, but as Sonya landed, she quickly used her other foot to make contact with Kano's chest caused him to hold his chest in pain for a few seconds.

Kano quickly recovered from the blow and as Sonya came at him, he caught her attack and got her into a hold behind her back. "Well, baby." Kano said, mockingly. "I saw what happened on the first day of the tournament, poor little girl, you could only watch as your men were taken away."

"Stop it…" Sonya grunted, trying desperately to break out of the hold, until finally she broke free and swept her leg across Kano's face. Causing blood to spill out of his mouth. The attack had stunned Kano long enough for Sonya to get him in one of her leg locks. Suddenly Kano was flown through the air and landed on the other side of the arena while Sonya regained her footing. But Kano got to his feet quickly and rolled himself into a ball in the air and suddenly he swept through the air and made contact with Sonya, knocking her to the ground.

While the crowd was cheering at the battle currently being fought, Liu and Johnny watched worriedly with the battle. Why was Kano giving Sonya so much trouble?

"I don't like the looks of this Liu. Sonya's getting her ass kicked." Johnny said, concerned.

"I know." Liu said, silently. "But I think she can handle herself out there, just relax."