Love, love and more love

Lucifer didn't know how to prepare for this. He knew it would be a tense conversation and he didn't know where to start. He didn't know if he should make dinner or just put some calming music and prepare something to drink (obviously he didn't know about the "pregnant women can't drink" thing). In the end, all he wanted was to do his best in this journey and he didn't want at all to upset Chloe, but seems like he already failed. At least from now on he'll do his best. So he prepared Chloe's favourite food and right when it was done, Chloe arrived at the penthouse.

"Hi...", Chloe said so quiet that Lucifer almost didn't hear her.

"Detective, hi", Lucifer said smiling as he got close to her, "you look so beautiful".

Succeeding at making her smile, Chloe said "Thank you" while analyzing the place.

Suddenly, the smell of her favourite food made her sick and now she found herself throwing up over the bar's sink.

"Please throw away the food. I'm sorry, the smell makes me feel sick."

Confused, Lucifer did as asked."I thought it was your favourite food Detective. I didn't want this to happen", he said quite sad.

"It's not your fault", Chloe said reassuring, "I didn't know as well that my favourite food wasn't my favourite food anymore. Seems like the baby doesn't like it".

Lucifer was really confused now. What did she mean "the baby doesn't like it?". Man he really should start reading about pregnancy, he's already too far behind.

"Let's get you some fresh air", he said grabbing her hand and walking over to the balcony. The most beautiful view in L.A. was now ahead of them.

"How are you feeling my dear?", Lucifer said hoping she was better.

"I'm okay. Well, not really, but it's not about what happened with the food. You know what I mean...", Chloe stopped. She knew this was it. The start ot their conversation, when she'll say how terrified she was. It will be the most vulnerable moment of her entire life, but she had to go through this.

He held her hands."Detective it's okay, don't stop. I want to know how you're feeling."

Avoiding eye contact, Chloe continued. "I know I've acted like everything's normal and okay, but Lucifer everything's not okay. I saw that Linda's journey with pregnancy was fine and Charlie hadn't shown yet an angel side, but you're...well, you. And I don't mean it in a bad way. I know that I make you vulnerable, but you're still very powerful. Will our baby have to rule Hell or be followed by demons like Charlie was?", Chloe needed to breathe a little. Revealing all those fears was making her feel a lot better, but also very emotional, she was holding nervous tears and trying really bad not to cry. "I'm sorry, I just need to know what situations I need to prepare for", she said now looking right into Lucifer's eyes.

As much as Lucifer tried to comfort her, even the Devil doesn't have all the answers.

"Detective, if I learned something from Linda is that it's okay not to be okay. That's why I'm here and I'll always be. Honestly, I don't really know what that little creature will inherit from me but I'm sure all the bad things from me will be alleviated by your beautiful and amazing personality that hopefully will pass to the spawn", he said with a little smile while moving his hand over her delicate face.

"Just please stop saying spawn. Little creature I can accept, but Lucifer this is a baby, our baby."

"Bloody Hell Detective you ruined the moment. But fine, if it means that much to you". As Lucifer said that, Chloe giggled. That tiny sound made Lucifer very happy in that moment. He was grateful that he made his love laugh.

,,Continuing. I promise that, if demons will come to take him or her, I will not let that happen. Ever. I am still their King and they'll be punished if they won't listen to me. And Detective you know that I don't lie neither break promises. Hell will never have to be a worry for our little creature."

Everything that Chloe was hearing made her feel like she was on cloud nine. Knowing that their baby was safe was a big relief. One thing she was most terrified about was that she will not be able to protect her child. If she was worried all the time when Trixie was little, well now with a half-angel baby there were no words to describe her concern. But one thing she knows very well is that her partner won't let anything bad happen to her or her baby so she wrapped her mind around that thought.

"Thank you for making me feel better, it means the world to me that you feel this way about our baby", she smiled while saying that.

With that they fell into a deep kiss that they both missed a lot in these crazy days.

"Wait", Chloe said after a while, "we haven't talked about your feelings, Lucifer".

"It's okay Detective, I'm fine as long as you are", Lucifer said still knowing that Chloe won't let things be.

"No it's not okay. I'm happy that Linda helps you and all that, but I'm your partner Lucifer. I want to know how you're feeling", Chloe said with puppy eyes.

"Fine", he sighed, "well, I'm not quite sure. A couple of days ago I was exploding with different kind of emotions, but now I just...don't know. I think I'm peaceful for now, more worried about your well-being than mine honestly", he paused for a moment. "Sorry, but I cannot stop thinking about that kid from today's case. When I saw the terror and fear in her eyes while looking at her own father it just...made me realise that I don't ever want our little creature to look at me like that. It made me realise again that I'd do anything to protect both of you and, well, that I love both of you. And that, Detective, really scares me", said Lucifer as he felt his soul vulnerable.

Hearing that particular word, Chloe fell in love even harder for Lucifer, realising that somehow he really was the love of her life, the father of her baby.

" I....we love you so much. I'm confident that you'll be the greatest Dad for our baby, you won't give any reasons for him or her to be afraid of you. That man was simply a monster, something that you are not", Chloe said with a hand on her belly and one on Lucifer's cheek.

"Thank you, Chloe. But how can you be so sure that the little creature loves me?", Lucifer asked curiously.

"I just am, like you are sure that you love the little creature back".

They went back and forth from hugging to kissing in that peaceful night, where the happy couple cuddled in bed until they fell asleep, Chloe on Lucifer's bare chest.

But, in the middle of the night, Chloe woke up with an indescribable pain...

*to be continued*