51-60

Collision

Sharon was about to say something, but then she saw a few black crystals on Mountainsea’s braid as the girl nodded. Her stomach immediately dropped— those were isla diamonds, one of the most prized spatial crystals! This item was beyond rare, not something that could be acquired with money. Even if one traded for it with magic crystals, they’d still have to bank on their luck. Materials like these usually only traded for others of the same grade. Sharon herself only had about a dozen of these diamonds, but there were seven on Mountainsea’s braid!

The legendary mage continued to scan the girl’s other braids, her vision unsurpassable when she was serious. And just as expected— crystal dragon tooth, millennial unicorn horn, phoenix crown feather… These were things of similar rarity to the isla diamonds. What really shocked her was the sheer skill required to shrink items like dragon teeth and unicorn horns to a tenth of their original size to turn them into mere accessories!

She suddenly felt her head spinning. If one were to take all the accessories to Mountainsea’s hair and sell them, they would be worth over a hundred million coins. But the problem was, even if one had that much money there wasn’t normally any outlet to buy such items. Sharon couldn’t bear the thought of carrying that much money on her head.

It wasn’t like she was intimidated by just this much; she had her own collection of rare items. But the very fact that all this was just in Mountainsea’s braid implied that this was just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe, just maybe, her wealth really could only be described by mountains and seas.

Sharon swallowed whatever words she was about to say, the peculiarity in her expression growing impossible to hide. The feeling of defeat she exuded could suddenly be felt from miles away, her imposing aura withering. She finally stretched out and waved her hand, the golden pot of fruits flying before Mountainsea in no time.

“There! Mountainsea, these are for you. Stay as long as you want to, and look for Blackgold if you need anything. He’s that grey dwarf over there. I have urgent matters that I need to see to right now, and I’m not sure when I’ll be back. Don’t wait for me.” Before getting any replies, Sharon open a teleportation portal on the spot and disappeared from the place.

“I will pay my fees!” Mountainsea shouted in Sharon’s wake. In that moment, everyone looking at that departing back had an illusion that the legendary mage’s mood changed for the better.

The grand mages left one after another, but all of them cast inexplicable gazes at Mountainsea. Blackgold alone stayed, his eyes overflowing with adulations for the girl. Said girl was in no hurry to leave; she stayed behind and cleared the pot of fruits Sharon left for her at lightning speed. Within a minute the pot was wiped clean, and she stared with dissatisfaction at the empty pot as she licked her lips. This obviously wasn’t enough to satisfy her.

The grey dwarf immediately said, “There are more fruits! As long as you pay the school fees…”

A spider crystal came flying and hit the grey dwarf, making him swallow whatever he was about to say. Mountainsea waved her hand dismissively, “Get 50 pots to my room!” and then turned and looked at Steelrock and the old man before saying, “Another 50 for them too, send them to our campsite on the beach. Do it daily!”

Mountainsea was strikingly similar to Sharon in terms of appetite. If one went by the legendary mage’s theory of appetite determining power, this young girl would surely become a legendary being, maybe even surpassing that level. And thus Richard was left forgotten in the corner, his own future still a mystery.